Liars club???

MICHE99

Hi -

I've never seen the Liar's Club on any Celebrity ship. Or, any RCCL ship either.

It was a late-night entertainment option on the NCL ship we sailed. (See our signature for a list of ships and dates.) Liar's Club is a slightly raunchy panel "game-show" composed of 3 or 4 members of the activities staff who answer questions and the audience applause determines who is lying and who is not.

Hope this helps. Your daily program will indicate if it is a late-night option on your ship.

Liz

Liz pretty much nailed it.

The cruise director and a couple of staff members sit on stage. An MC asks something like "What is a quailhax used for?" The 3 panelists then answer the question. 2 are lying and 1 is telling the truth. It is up to the audience to vote by applause prior to reveliing the correct answer. I would love to be on the panel.

My answer: A quailhax is special belt clip used by hunters which allows you to easily carry a large number of quail.

Anyone else have an answer? (No fair looking it up).

I hope I'm not spoiling it for anyone else, but I was in England a few years ago and was invited to a weekend in the country by my host. They had a tradition quail shoot scheduled, and I was invited to participate. That Is how I learned that a quailhax is the holding cage that the birds a kept in until they are released one by one for the hunters to shoot.

Petert

On the 1/27/08 sailing The CD, the comedian and the music director (I think that's what he did) were on the panel.

There were four words that they each gave a definition for. One of the definitions was correct. Your job was to pick which one.

It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.

If they have it on your cruise, don't miss it.

This sounds like a game we play called dictionary. The person who is "it" chooses a word from the dictionary that they think no one will know....... they write down the "real" definition and everyone else makes one up and writes it as well. Then the "it" person then reads all the definitions and everyone everyone tries to guess which is the "real" definition. The "it" person gets points for everyone who guesses incorrectly and everyone else gets points if they guess the correct one. If the "it" person stumps everyone he gets extra points. The things that people make up are SOOOOOOO funny.

This sounds like a game we play called dictionary. The person who is "it" chooses a word from the dictionary that they think no one will know....... they write down the "real" definition and everyone else makes one up and writes it as well. Then the "it" person then reads all the definitions and everyone everyone tries to guess which is the "real" definition. The "it" person gets points for everyone who guesses incorrectly and everyone else gets points if they guess the correct one. If the "it" person stumps everyone he gets extra points. The things that people make up are SOOOOOOO funny.

Or you can buy this game with words premade up for you. It's called Balderdash.

Archived