LIVE Report of the Yum Yum Man Worshippers Cruise on the Oosterdam 2-9-08

LAFFNVEGAS

This last picture Tom and I decided we wanted one last drink so we went back to our hotel and had a drink with Christine aka MissWindyCity and Frank and Michelle aka fcorey, I of course took the pictures so Tom is the one on the left. Chrstine is wearing the red jacket

YumYumManCruise2-08-08015.jpg?t=1202542889

Love the pix Lisa. What a fantastic evening--such great fun meeting everyone!

Great talking with James and Copper John !

I'm off to get some sleep. See you on board the "Big O" tomorrow...:D

Anxious to see your pictures as our ship comes in...

Lisa,

Great pictures of some really happy folks. Know you'll all have a fabulous time. BTW, how do you settle the check for a party of 36?:confused: A former accountant want's to know.;)

Wishing all the Yummers fair skies and calm seas.

Carole

Good Morning from San Diego, where the Show this morning was fantastic:) Since my Wake Up Call Copper10-8 could not make it I had to rely on my alarm on my cell phone. I got up at 5 and could bare seen them out past Point Loma. At about 5:45 the show began. To my surprise the first one in was My Oosterdam and instead of coming to her normal berth she went to the South side of the pier.

YumYumManCruise2-08-08019.jpg?t=1202569759

YumYumManCruise2-08-08022.jpg?t=1202569852

YumYumManCruise2-08-08033.jpg?t=1202569871

YumYumManCruise2-08-08036.jpg?t=1202569894

YumYumManCruise2-08-08044.jpg?t=1202569922

The show of the Oosterdam coming in was everything I thought would be but it was cold.

Very slowly the Maasdam made her way to her berth here in San Diego

YumYumManCruise2-08-08069.jpg?t=1202570346

YumYumManCruise2-08-08071.jpg?t=1202570392

YumYumManCruise2-08-08077.jpg?t=1202570410

Here is one more picture of the Oosterdam this morning. It really was a fun show and I definitely do not mind having gotten up this early.

I must tell a quick funny story, some of you know that my ring tone for my cell phone is the annoucement chimes from the ship. We are so close here to the ships with the door closed I can hear the annoucement chimes from most likely the Maasdam and I keep thinkng it is my phone ringing.:D

There's "MY" :) Beautiful Maasdam!! What is she doing there without Us aboard!!!! :(

I feel good knowing so many of our friends are aboard and I can imagine being there with them. She carries a precious crew!

Great photos, Lisa. Many thanks.

While I am thinking about it and have some spare time I want to make some comments about the Holiday Inn. Amazingly the bed is very very good, not quite HAL but must be fairly new, not overly hard. They give you 4 very good pillows and was amazed how comfortable they were. The shower was fantastic. It has one of the huge shower heads and the water pressure was great. So actually with the location and this fantastic view. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Other than the Front Desk and check in not being overly organized it really is a good hotel with many pluses. BTW, we are so close that we are about eye level with the Maasdam Bridge and I can see people walking around:) Since we live so close unless we have another PreCruise Party for the Yum Yum Man Reunion we most likely would not come down a night early but for special occassions:D

Lisa,

I just received an email from the Security Officer on the Prinsendam. He used to work with me and gave me a heads up that the Oosterdam had received a special security notice about a rowdy group of cruisers on their Saturday sailing.

The group has been identified as the "Yummer's". The leader of the infamous group goes by the name of LAFFNVEGAS. Ships security services are trying to identify this person and co-conspirator's.

celebrate.gif

Yep me to, I had a ring from security on the Statendam when it was here in Auckland the Friday before last. They were asking me what I knew about a group called the "Yummers"

:D

Bon Voyage Lisa and Tom and all the other wanna be's.

Nice picture of Sher the only other person I recognised.

How I wish I was there.

Have a good one

Val

Thanks for the thread Lisa!!! It was great also seeing the Maasdam, which we sail 24 April... we so much enjoy reading of all the experiences and especially seeing the pictures of the ships. We sailed the "O" a few years ago - hope to be a part of the Yummer gathering some day. Have a great cruise - ALL YOU YUMMERS!!!!!! And give our best to the Yum Yum Man!!!!!!!:p :)

Archived