Discovery Cruises?

Molly BPOE

So my DH answers the phone tonight and gets excited because the party on the other end says we have won a free cruise. I say, "is that a call from Carnival?" he says no. So I say "it is a scam, hang up." Well for a smart guy he sure is gullible:rolleyes: . Anyway he talks to this person for a good 45 mins. I know as soon as they hit him with the request for a credit card # he will see the light. Finally they ask for the number and he catches a clue. Unfortunatley, they dazzle him with great offers on cruises. He tell them to e-mail him the details. So does anyone have experience with this? I am trying to do a little research so I can explain to him that if it sounds too good to be true,(and it is not coming from our PVP or a CC group cruise leader) hang up the phone!!!!

Wow. I dont know about this though with you being in Montana and this ship being there I would not trust it for sure. You are right though you do not give anything out over the phone and if it is "free" :rolleyes: then why do they need your credit card???:confused:

Hmmm are you military? I know Discovery was offering free cruises for military people.....but you had to go on their website and enter your name and email address.....maybe if you didn't do that someone in your family put your name in there?

Still, very smart not to fall for it. I have been hearing about ALOT of scams lately...from cruises to phony magazines! :eek:

Hi Molly! There was a thread here a while back about them - it's some kind of a timeshare scheme that goes along with it and the ship looks like a dump. Seems like someone ended up paying thousands by the time all the fees were added in. Will look for it and see if I can find it for you.

Archived