Cabin on Amadeus Princess

Ladybentley

I'm about to book the Advent Christmas Markets cruise from Vienna to Nuremburg on the Amadeus Princess in December but can't decide which cabin category to book. The size and facilities in the cabins all look fine to me but my prime concern is getting a quiet cabin. I've read the posts about noise from the bow thrusters at the front (when going through locks) and vibration from the engine at the rear. I see there are the public spaces are over the bow and very end of the boat. Does anyone know if any of the cabins on the bottom or middle decks on this ship will be a problem with noise? I'd rather not spend more than I have to as I'm travelling from New Zealand where our dollar get us less in Europe. Any other tips or information about the ship or the Christmas Markets cruise would be very welcome. Many thanks :)

Ladybentley,

I doubt you will get any further information about the ship at this time. The Amadeus Princess is owned by Lueftner (www.lueftner-cruises.at) and you´ll find some information on their website. So far the ship hasn´t been on the English speaking market. 2008 will be the first year. The ship has been used for the German speaking market so far.

In general a midship cabin on the second deck might be the best choice, second choice would be the lowest deck midships. This does not apply to the twin cruisers (used by Avalon).

Make a search for Christmas market on this board and you´ll find plenty of information.

steamboats

Ladybentley,

My husband and I sailed on the Amadeus Princess in April 2007 for the Springtime Tulip cruise through Holland and Belgium. Our cabin was on the top deck and was quiet. When we heard loud engine sounds, I am sure they were heard all over the ship regardless of cabin location. I do remember some people who were on the bottom deck saying the engine sounds were loud.

The ship was very clean, food was good, and the captain and crew obviously took great pride in their jobs. We would definitely travel on this ship again.

The travelers on our cruise were mostly from the U.S. but there was a smaller group from Germany.

Ladybentley,

I doubt you will get any further information about the ship at this time. The Amadeus Princess is owned by Lueftner (www.lueftner-cruises.at) and you´ll find some information on their website. So far the ship hasn´t been on the English speaking market. 2008 will be the first year. The ship has been used for the German speaking market so far.

In general a midship cabin on the second deck might be the best choice, second choice would be the lowest deck midships. This does not apply to the twin cruisers (used by Avalon).

steamboats

Many thanks for the information, steamboats and also to 64tiger. It's very helpful and explains why I couldn't find much feedback about this ship. I had found the Leuftner website and looked at all the information there. I am considering booking a cabin on the lowest deck but am puzzled as to why the the cabins further forward on the lowest deck are dearer than the next 4 cabins which are more midships. Is there something I don't know? I can't figure it out. Any ideas would be welcome. I've done lots of research on the Christmas markets cruises and they look just wonderful. I'm so looking forward to it. icon11.gif

I didn't look inside a cabin on the lower deck so I don't have any information except that possibly there's an obstruction of the view from the less expensive cabins. That's certainly a guess though. Maybe it would be best to contact Lueftner Cruises.

Archived