Wow...I like HAL's new website design...

Laserjock

Interesting.....just now tried to register for logging in. After filling everything out, it said "unsuccessful". So I tried again, and it didn't say if it was successful or not :confused: So I tried again, again it didn't say if it was successful, so I just tried logging in, and it worked :confused:

Oh well. I too have a Mac, but haven't tried anything else past logging in.

I've just had exactly the same experience with my PC. Also, had to install new favorites (bookmarks) and shortcut on desktop - old ones kept coming up "cannot open page".

Although I'll probably get used to the new website, I am unhappy with one change:

On the old website you could easily check out detailed pricing, etc. for as many cruises as you wished. Now, unless I am missing something, you must log in and proceed to the booking process to price a cruise in detail, i.e. not just the room rates for the different categories, but the total cost including port charges, single supplement, taxes, transfers, etc.

I hope the new website isn't proof of the old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

It has a nice look and feel but isn't ready yet. They should have done some more testing before going live. For example, I searched for a cruise and under the different cabin categories, instead of showing the price, the words "from format.money" appear. The programming obviously isn't finished.

I don't like that logging in is required to get price quotes. Also that you can't get a list of all sailings of the same itinerary with the different prices; now you have to check each sailing date one at a time. This makes it more difficult for people who are flexible about dates and want to pick the time based on price.

When using cruise finder, it would be nice to have an "order by" feature in addition to the selection criteria. For example, I might want to look at all Caribbean cruises and order the results by price or by number of days. It would also be nice to have a feature that lets you search for cruises that include a specific port.

The interactive map is nice, but hasn't been designed well. It appears with the map of the whole world; it should appear with the area of the world corresponding to the currently active search results. For example, if I've just searched for Mexico cruises, it should open showing Mexico. What it does now is open with the map of the world, and I have to click on Mexico to get that area in detail.

Now where do I find my cabin number?

I was used to the old way where I type in my booking # and then last name. Now, I have registered, but where do I go to see my cabin number? I am not a guarantee. I have selected a cabin--I just like to check periodically to see if it's there.:)

Also, when checking prices, which I also do periodically, it does seem you have to log on.:confused:

Well -- after I posted this morning -- due to high winds we lost power!!

Just got it back awhile ago.

Still cannot even get into their site. All I get is this:

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

• <LI id=causeErrorInAddress>There might be a typing error in the address.
  • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

I noticed that although it lets me sign on to the SITE itself ..if you go to onboard gifts or online booking it wants you to enter username and password and then says the USER is not valid .. I sorta think it is valid or I wouldn't be able to sign on to the site ..

Bugs are not uncommon in a big re-vamp

I noticed that although it lets me sign on to the SITE itself ..if you go to onboard gifts or online booking it wants you to enter username and password and then says the USER is not valid .. I sorta think it is valid or I wouldn't be able to sign on to the site ..

Bugs are not uncommon in a big re-vamp

the same thing happened to me. however, when I went back and entered my username and password I was "valid." :confused:

also, I wasn't able to check prices unless I registered. registering means entering your email id, so I guess that's their way of getting access to anyone interested in a HAL cruise so they can send them stuff.:confused: :o :( (whether they want it or not).

Entered my user name -- my password -- still nothing!!!

for your user name, are you entering your email address? that's what they want.....after it says invalid, log off and try entering again (same info) that's what I did, and I got in.

for your user name, are you entering your email address? that's what they want.....after it says invalid, log off and try entering again (same info) that's what I did, and I got in.

That's right, seemed to work this way for both me and DH. Even though it said invalid, we got in. Try again KK :)

Me either! But I finally DID get a list of 3 possible user ID's suddenly drop down and ONE seemed to work at least to say I wasn't invalid! But, sadly, IT would not work to go anywhere after THAT...to immigration, shore excursions, onboard gifts. Kicked me right back out, like a jilted lover!

LOL. I called just now. A lovely girl told me the site is "new," and "down" and has some "bugs" that are being "worked on."

Soooo, I double checked/verified my booking, immigration form, had them email my boarding pass and got the Phone #'s for shore excursions & spa appts & onboard gifts (ie wine card) and I will continue to just use the phone as I've had to do in the past. Much quicker. And, I'll never need to go to that website (and not find myself) ever again!

Martha

Oh -- yes -- I have entered my e-mail address which we have used since July 2007 -- AND -- YES -- HAL has it.

Absolutely no success.

I have 3 doctors appointments tomorrow - eye - major -- and will have no time to contact HAL and try to get this straightened out.

I am thoroughly disgusted. HAL has updated their websitees in the past and have had no problem getting in.

Maybe this is why am not getting e-mails or smail from them (another thread).

Yeah..I am not sure what it keeps remembering as my login password, but its wrong. I have to change it to get me login.

I also just noticed that the Eurodam blog link is not on the Eurodam page. I tried to search the site for it but could not find it...good think I bookmarked it!

I've spent some time this morning trying to navigate the new website and maybe I'm missing something, but I've encountered some problems. As a booked guest, I went to the home page, then entered the shore excursions booking engine for my cruise (just wanted to be sure the ones I've booked are still there, and they were).

However, from there, I could find NO way to get out of that engine and back to the main homepage. There were no navigation buttons, no link to "Home," and using my browser's back button took me only so far back as the shore ex sign in page and it wouldn't go further back. I finally typed in the main homepage address and clicked "go." I usually don't have trouble getting around even the most poorly designed websites, so this is unusual for me. Did I just somehow miss those navigation buttons?

Also, when I tried to log into the site, it says my email doesn't exist. So I thought maybe I made a mistake, and went to check my email folders. Nope, I found the one from HAL registering that address to their site, so I know I registered with that email address. Did this revamp eliminate previously-registered site users, or (again) have I missed something?

I can use a work around for the first problem, and can re-register if need be -- but before I do that I wanted to ask if anyone else had encountered the same problems or saw something I am missing.

These are the exact problems I had.

I tried to re-register and it wouldn't let me.

Good thing I had entered all the Online Check-In information yesterday before they changed the site. I had to go ahead and re-register, which like for everyone else, took multiple attempts to accomplish. I didn't know that California had been divided in to two separate states - Northern California and Southern California. HAL apparently thinks so since it's on the drop down menu!

Whew... all the information is still there but it took an awful lot of steps to get to that screen to check for my cabin assignment. I guess the new site is ok. I just got used to the old website.

The new website is pretty good and improved. as far as your sign on Calm down everyone. With the new site you need to register your email address and a password along with either your Mariner number or booking number. then after sign on update your profile. Then every thing is under one sign on.

As with everything new both the developers will work out bugs and we the public will get used to the new format....

Have fun Crusing

HUH? Where do you do that? All they wanted from me was email and password, which I have never had. I will try again and see if I can find what you are describing.

Archived