Can't Decide Between These 2 Rccl Excursions In Victoria, Can You Help Please?

hndmn4wf

As usual I can't ask the wife with this being a surprise cruise so could you please help me out?

Have anyone of you done these tours through RCCL and if so can you give your opinion of the one you went on? I would rather book through RC then independently.

We've never been to Victoria so I don't know what to expect.

If you haven't been on either of these tours maybe you can still help me out because I can't decide?

Here they are and thanks. :)

View Video

Activity Type:

Sightseeing and/or City Tours | Cuisine Tours

Approximate Duration:

3 hour(s) 30 minute(s)

Arrive in Port/City:

13-Sep-2008, 07:00 AM

Depart from Port/City:

13-Sep-2008, 04:30 PM

Excursion Date(s) & Time(s):

13-Sep-2008

09:30 AM

Prices starting from:

*124.00 USD (Adult)

*124.00 USD (Child)

*0.00 USD (Infant)

Restrictions:

Minimum Age: 19 Years

Butchart Gardens, Wine & Chocolate - VI14

This experience is designed for the discerning traveler with a sense for some oenophile adventure. After an introduction to the city, explore Butchart Gardens and partake in a unique opportunity pairing wine with chocolate at one of Victoria's finest wineries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This experience is designed for the discerning traveler with a sense for some oenophile adventure. After an introduction to the city, explore Butchart Gardens and partake in a unique opportunity pairing wine with chocolate at one of Victoria's finest wineries. Departing pier side you will pass by Beacon Hill Park, and a multifaceted inner harbor, a romantic and most photographed area. With views of a rolling landscape and farms en-route, you will arrive at Victoria's famed National Historic site, the Butchart Gardens still owned by family descendants. The Gardens began with a turn-of-the-century effort to beautify a quarry site and since its inception has grown into fifty five acres with all the colors of nature. After a self-guided visit, rejoin your guide for a short drive to the winery. Partake in the pleasure of pairing wine with chocolate truffles, and this pleasure is deepened with knowledge shared by an interactive presentation allowing you to understand how to interpret all the information available to your senses of sight, smell and taste. Later you may independently taste ice-wine or simply browse the wine/gift shop.

Minimum age to participate is 19 years old. Comfortable walking shoes and layered clothing are recommended.

Activity Type:

Cuisine Tours | Sightseeing and/or City Tours

Approximate Duration:

3 hour(s) 45 minute(s)

Arrive in Port/City:

13-Sep-2008, 07:00 AM

Depart from Port/City:

13-Sep-2008, 04:30 PM

Excursion Date(s) & Time(s):

13-Sep-2008

10:00 AM

Prices starting from:

*154.00 USD (Adult)

*124.00 USD (Child)

*0.00 USD (Infant)

Restrictions: N/A

City Sights & Gourmet Picnic at Butchart Gardens - VI27

This experience is designed for families, honeymooners and just about anybody wishing to enjoy each others or your fellow travelers company. An exciting excursion that introduces you to the city treats you to a gourmet picnic in one of the world's most romantic and colorful picnic venues followed by a leisurely stroll through one of the many themed gardens.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justifiably renowned as Canada's "City Of Gardens," Victoria and its gardens burst into bloom year round. Today's outing will include a brief overview of the city, a visit to the famed Butchart Gardens and your venue for a gourmet picnic. Departing Ogden Point your guide will point out Mile Zero, which is the western end of the Trans Canada Highway, Beacon Hill Park and Thunderbird Park. Later continue your drive to the Butchart Gardens, National Historic Site. On arrival you will be directed to your picnic site where you will be provided with your wicker baskets and gourmet picnics. Should you wish to order wine, you may do so independently. After enjoying your picnic, at your leisure, explore the themed gardens. Maps help you conduct your self-guided tour of the colorful gardens. Later rejoin your local guide returning via Chinatown welcomed by the Gates Of Harmonious Interest, and passing by Canada's narrowest street, Fan Tan Alley. Continue to the Inner Harbor framed by some of Canada's most recognizable landmarks, the majestic Parliament Buildings, the ivy covered Empress Hotel prior to returning to the pier and your awaiting ship.

My vote would be for the City Sights and Gourmet Picnic, since you are surprising DW.

Either way, Butchart Gardens is the highlight of any visit to Victoria. We live

20 minutes away and have season passes.

Since both tours include other sightseeing and as you have a full day in town,

your choice. I just don't know which winery is included in the first tour. We

have, though, done many picnics at the Gardens ourselves and it is a

wonderful experience.

Whichever you choose, have either lots of film or lots of digital storage. Even

in September, the photo opportunities are outstanding.

mY VOTE TOO WOULD GO FOR THE gARDENS & PICNIC tour.

The winery I am sure is Church's and they allow you to taste 3 wines paired with 3 "Roger's Choc." now the Roger's Choc. are excellent but the wine is very dry so if you are wine fan and like the dry's you iwll be OK on the wine tasteing but if not go for the picnic....

The gardens are a must see and having a picnic there would be great.

Archived