Port to Malacon?

WinnieinWA

Anyone know how far a walk it is from the ship docks to the Baordwalk? If it is more than a few blocks are there taxi's at the port to take a person? I ask because I have asthma and have limited walking ability. Thanks

Winnie

Too far to walk. White taxis just outside the exit gate charge per person and at very high rate. Leave the federal port property to the east and take one of the many yellow city taxis that will be waiting for you. It should cost about 50 pesos ($5 USD) to get to any location in the downtown area. Reference this map: http://www.vallarta-info.com/downtown.html

The Malecon is rather long. Do you have a specific place you want to go?

Enjoy!

Hi! Yes, it's much too far to walk! You could also take the bus which is an experience. You can get one close to the dock. It should say "Centro" on it & only costs 5 pesos = 50 cents. They come quite frequently & if you took it to Rio Cuale you could walk back along the Malecon (which has benches & other neat things to sit on). I'd estimate 10 - 15 min. for the bus & 15 - 20 min. for that walk on the Malecon. The bus back should say "Walmart" if you decide to take it. Have fun, PV's a neat place!

~Jo~

Thanks very much! The link was an added extra. :)

I like the idea of using public transport....the bus should be fun. :)

Thanks!

Winnie

While the American dollar is widely accepted in Mexico, US coins are not. The bus is only 5 pesos but don't try to pay your fare with 50 cents US.

Enjoy!

While the American dollar is widely accepted in Mexico, US coins are not. The bus is only 5 pesos but don't try to pay your fare with 50 cents US.

Enjoy!

I got 'some' money in Pesos and my daughter gave me some coins from her last visit there. I appreciate your advice! Thanks!

Winnnie

Archived