I Am Getting Married!

kathyemma

But...not on a cruise. Oh well. But I think our mariner cruise may become our honeymoon cruise. Really wish we could get married on the ship or one of the islands - but my dad can't travel anymore. We may do it on the beach in Maryland and just pretend we are in the Caribbean.

Kathy

I have to tell you the story of how he asked - it is wonderful! We went to a restaurant that has the largest TV I had ever seen. We were sitting there after dinner just relaxing and next thing I know I hear Springsteen's "She's the One" playing ALL thru the restaurant and then the TV flashes. A picture of me appears on the tv and I start to sink into my chair. He put together a DVD with pictures of me, my dd and him. My dd and I cruise every year - so 99% of the pictures were taken on a ship or different islands. When the pictures were done the words "Will you marry me" were displayed on the screen. (I said yes, of course.) When it was done a couple at the bar sent us some drinks - we ended up talking to them and it turns out they were on the 3rd sailing of liberty.

Thanks again for all the best wishes.

Kathy

I have to tell you the story of how he asked - it is wonderful! We went to a restaurant that has the largest TV I had ever seen. We were sitting there after dinner just relaxing and next thing I know I hear Springsteen's "She's the One" playing ALL thru the restaurant and then the TV flashes. A picture of me appears on the tv and I start to sink into my chair. He put together a DVD with pictures of me, my dd and him. My dd and I cruise every year - so 99% of the pictures were taken on a ship or different islands. When the pictures were done the words "Will you marry me" were displayed on the screen. (I said yes, of course.) When it was done a couple at the bar sent us some drinks - we ended up talking to them and it turns out they were on the 3rd sailing of liberty.

Thanks again for all the best wishes.

Kathy

Okay, I'm gonna be the first to say it,

AWE, HOW SWEET!!!

Kathy, it sounds like you got a good one!!

HOW ROMANTIC...hey...if you really want to get married on an island...why don't you? You can have your own private little vow renewal! Then, you have the best of both worlds. Better yet, why not surprise him? That would be romantic!:)

HOW ROMANTIC...hey...if you really want to get married on an island...why don't you? You can have your own private little vow renewal! Then, you have the best of both worlds. Better yet, why not surprise him? That would be romantic!:)

I was thinking the same thing - but I think it would be strange to do it twice so close together. And then what anniversary would we celebrate? The fun one that just included us or the insane one that included my family?

Kathy

You could make a family celebration out of the anniversary of the date of the wedding at which your family participated. Then, you and your husband -- just the two of you -- could quietly and romantically celebrate the anniversary date of the ceremony on the beach. Sounds like a win-win situation to me. The family is happy for getting to celebrate one date. And, the two of you are happy with your own, special, private celebration.

But, alas, what do I know???? See my username.

Congratulations!!!!!!

We were just married last month - we also passed on an onboard/island ceremony due to a parent that couldn't travel. We got married locally (so all friends and family could attend) on a Saturday, flew to Orlando the next morning (our insane thing) with 16 family members in tow (also a crazy idea that neither of us is willing to take credit for), and spent our honeymoon on the Mariner. We did take some pictures on formal night in the chapel, just for our wedding album.

We brought back many wonderful memories - I'm sure that whatever you choose, you will do the same. After all, that's what really matters!

Best wishes for your wedding, cruise and your lives together,

Dave and Pat (the not-so-new newlyweds)

Congratulations!!!!!!

We were just married last month - we also passed on an onboard/island ceremony due to a parent that couldn't travel. We got married locally (so all friends and family could attend) on a Saturday, flew to Orlando the next morning (our insane thing) with 16 family members in tow (also a crazy idea that neither of us is willing to take credit for), and spent our honeymoon on the Mariner. We did take some pictures on formal night in the chapel, just for our wedding album.

We brought back many wonderful memories - I'm sure that whatever you choose, you will do the same. After all, that's what really matters!

Best wishes for your wedding, cruise and your lives together,

Dave and Pat (the not-so-new newlyweds)

I will have to keep this mind - and who knows - I am crazy enough that i just might wear my wedding dress on formal night.

kathy

Archived