trip insurance question

BroadwayGirl

Hope you all can help.

I'm going on my first cruise in June with family..booked and will be paid for by my dad. Can I go and purchase trip insurance on my own for this trip? Or does it have to be purchased by the person paying for the cruise?

It's more the medical costs that I'm concerned with incurring should I get hurt or sick on board. I've been looking at options thru insuremytrip.com as recommended by folks here.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this.

You can get it on your own. If you or those to be insured have pre-existing conditions, most of the time, the insurance must be purchased within 14 days of booking the cruise in order to have the pre-existing conditions covered.

That said, visit www.insuremytrip.com to do a comparison contrast between different plans. By the way, you do not have to buy the insurance through this WEB site. You can purchase it directly from each company.

It is wise that you are doing your research. MEDEVAC (medical evacuation) is the most expensive part of a medical emergency if you have to be flown back to the US. Most insurances combine the ER and MEDEVAC so be sure you get at least $50,000 coverage if you are going to the Caribbean. More if you going elsewhere like South America, Europe, Asia, Oceania (Australia).

This article might help you decide on your travel medical insurance. It provides some information on costs, what covers and what doesn't

Article is here, I hope it helps.

Hope you all can help.

I'm going on my first cruise in June with family..booked and will be paid for by my dad. Can I go and purchase trip insurance on my own for this trip? Or does it have to be purchased by the person paying for the cruise?

It's more the medical costs that I'm concerned with incurring should I get hurt or sick on board. I've been looking at options thru insuremytrip.com as recommended by folks here.

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with this.

Archived