Ice Bars

mfdds

We would like to visit an ice bar in one city. Has anyone a recommendation which city has the best one, and is a reservation needed?

The only 2 I know of in the Baltics are in Copenhagen and Stockholm. I've looked up reserving for Stockholm, but they are booked by other cruise tours. They do have times for walk ins, but they are usually at night after the ship has left. Your best bet to get into one is probably through a ships tour, but it's pretty pricey.

We would like to visit an ice bar in one city. Has anyone a recommendation which city has the best one, and is a reservation needed?

You didn't say what your ports of call are and where you are sailing from. If you are in LOndon for a day or so there is one there as well.

Your best bet is to look on each ice bar's website and see what times they are open and make a reservation that way. Definately a good idea to make one.

I was able to make a reservation at the Ice Bar in Copenhagen for August 12. We are going to be there a couple days ahead of our cruise. Emailed one day, got the confirmation the next :). It looks like it is located less than two blocks from Tivoli.

Stupid question... I think I am allowed one a day here...;)

Can you take photographs inside? I was thinking about the cold and wondered if it would work or hurt the camera.

I am thinking about doing this precruise since I am in Copenhagen two days.

Can you take photographs inside? I was thinking about the cold and wondered if it would work or hurt the camera.
There was no restriction on taking photos in the one I went to. All our cameras worked fine, although it's always possible that you'll need to warm up the batteries if they start feeling the cold. But it really isn't that cold inside. Some of my photos are here.

Our cc roll call group met in the Copenhagen Ice Bar at Hotel 27. We had a reservation made online. I took some great photos inside.

We will be in Copenhagen on Wed. August 20, 2008 from 8:00-5:00. I have tried to e-mail the Ice Bar at Hotel 27 for a reservation but I must not have the correct e-mail address. Can you help me? Thanks

Sand Girl

We will be in Copenhagen on Wed. August 20, 2008 from 8:00-5:00. I have tried to e-mail the Ice Bar at Hotel 27 for a reservation but I must not have the correct e-mail address. Can you help me? Thanks

Sand Girl

Go to the group reservation email and give it a try. Copy their email address and send it through your regular email instead of their site. Otherwise phone them.

Archived