Transportation From Port To Rome Airport Fco

lindaanddon

Does anyone know if transfers from Civitavecchia to the Rome airport be purchased on board the Quest. Or if someone has the name of a limo company we can book through. Our actual destination is the Hilton Airport Htl. Azamara can't prebook it for us because we did our own air. Thanks

I have expereince of http://www.romashuttle.com Cannot recommend them highly enough. Picked up my relations on time from the port, waiting with sign as requested and sent large van. En route to airport my uncle realised they had had a 'senior moment' and had forgotten their passports......Carlo the driver was fantastic - did a u-turn, flew back to the ship and then zoomed to the airport to ensure they caught their flight. At the airport he still quoted the original fare of €110 - considering he had done the journey practically 4 times....

When we were able to look at the Shore Excursions, before they went off line, we noted that for Journey in Barcelona they had a couple of Shore Excursions that finished at the Airport, however you had to be flying out after 2pm I think, also there were a couple of excursions the finished with hotel drop off’s.

While I am not sure if the same goes for Rome you should contact Azamara and ask the question, the cost of the Excursion should be about the same as the Transfer going on the Barcelona costs.

We have also used Roma Shuttle, because of the costs what we did was to link up with three other couples through a Roll Call and we shared an 8 seat Mercedes Mini Bus, both too and from the port.

We all arrived in Rome at least the day before we sailed, two couples from Australia, one from Texas and two from South Africa, so we all met up for Dinner on the night before departure, and all got on famously, then and through the trip, we also shared a final Dinner on our return before we went on our own ways.

Anyway if you link up with others you could save a bit of money as you pay for the vehicle not the number of passengers.

Hope this helps, regards, Bruce.

Archived