Bringing Beverages Onboard

ilovewdw

your other cruises were many years ago and things have changed on most lines. As for smuggling wine, it is done all the time I am sure, but if you are caught it will be convescated and you will be called to the "naughty room" $15 is standard, a couple of liens are now charging $20 for corkage. I do know what you mean about expensive. We normally drink $6 to $10 per bottle wine so the corkage is really high for us. Still we do it.

One thing, if you like hard liquor you may want to order a bar set up prior to cruising. It will cost you about $40 for a liter but is still dirt cheap compared to drink prices. We always do this.

Is a soda card worth it? How much do you dirnk? Unless you drink a lot of soda I would say NO. You can bring soda on board if you want as well as bottled water.

Whatever you do, don't try to bring the wine on in your carryon unless you are prepared to pay the $15. Yes, they use Xray machines.

Nita

Hi, What do you get for 'bar set up'? what is it? can you get it on poam

Thanks

What a great idea to travel with Pedialite! Wish it was available when I cruised with our young sons many years ago! Our now 27 year old got earaches which included diarrhea! To know you can keep them hydrated really is great! I personally would contact the ship coordinator (shipcoordinator(name of your ship)@ncl.com This is the best way to avoid delays in boarding!:D and give you peace of mind!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!!!!!! I really do appreciate it. I am now planning to bring cans of soda (Diet Coke) Cans of beer (in soda 12 pack containers) in my luggage. For 4 of us, we will have 4 suitcases so that will work! ;) I usually don't drink much hard liquor, but I might bring some clear bacardi rum in a big Poland Spring or Listerine bottle and some pineapple juice, too. I am going to email the ships coordinator to see if I can see a wine list. That will help me decide if I will buy onboard, or just bring my own and pay the corking fee. I don't want to be sent to the Naughty Room :eek: .

THANKS FOR THE TIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Kellismom, see you onboard! :D Do you have kids going, too? OH, and where do you get your tickers?

No kids on this one (Kelli is will be 19 and doesn't want to go) My tickers are right from cruise critic.

When we cruised with NCL in April 06, they sold a very large bottle of Evian water for something like $4.00. We opted to buy the insulated bottle cover with the NCL logo on it as well. On the day we went to Puerto Rico, we visited the Bicardi plant. I emptied the water from the Evian bottle and filled it with rum. Getting back on the ship I just put the bottle thru the x-ray and walked away.

We had gotten our teenage son smoothie tickets. Of course he never used them so.... We would go to the bar and order virgin smoothies and add our own rum to it. It worked out really well for us.

We will be on the Gem in April and I will be bringing our handy dandy NCL water bottle.

Archived