new to Cruising

bossmum1

Hi my husband and i have booked 12day cruise 28th sept, this year sailing from Liverpool on Black Prince, Is there any tips to make it a holiday to remember. We have never been out of this country. HOW do we calculate how much luggage to take. etc. I have read so many reviews about this ship, dont know if we have made a mistake. As any one any good views on it. :confused:

Welcome to Cruise Critic! I think the Black Prince is with Fred Olsen Cruise line, so here is the link to that Forum:

Click here: Fred. Olsen Cruise Line - Cruise Forums - Cruise Message Boards - Cruise Critic

That Forum doesn't look very active, so in addition to posting there, you may want to look at and to post questions on other forums (like this one, as well as ones for various ports of call, etc).

As for luggage- find out (possibly through your TA or the cruiseline directly) how dressy the ship will be (especially for dinner) and whether or not they have (or provide) laundry facilities. We always overpack! Try to coordinate ensembles so you get more flexibility with fewer clothes! Also, luggage that nests (smaller inside the larger) can help in saving storage space once you're onboard. (Consider putting empty suitcases under the beds).

The ship sounds interesting (I Googled it)- and 12 days will allow you to really get to know the ship, to relax, and to meet fellow passengers, etc. I'm sure this will not be your last cruise!

Archived