Spinning bikes on Princess?

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

We will be going on our 3rd cruise in a few short weeks, and my wife and I have started taking spinning classes at our local recreation center, and are really enjoying it. I have previous used the gym area in a couple of Princess ships, but wasn't into spinning at that time, so I was wondering if anyone knows if Princess has spinning bikes on their ships, for our upcoming cruise we will be on the Grand?

Thanks,

Mike

They have them on the CB. They are not the same quality as the ones I use at my local YMCA (Spinner Brand), but they look very fuctional. I did not attend spin class on the ship as it was held at 3:00PM, which is much to late in the day for me.

My husband and I just recently came back from a Caribbean Princess trip. We also enjoy taking spinning classes together. While the bikes looked to be of similar quality to our gym, they required you sign up for all three classes offered over the seven days or none at all. We were a bit disappointed that we couldn't just do one or two classes, at our leisure and didn't want to pay for all 3 classes if we could only make it to one or two. So, we didn't end up doing any spinning, we stuck to the treadmills and other machines which are very nice as well.

My recommendation: if your schedule for the week permits, sign up for all the classes. The cost was reasonable (maybe 30-35 dollars for the week if I remember correctly) and the bikes looked very nice. Plus, it's always easier to order desert when you know you exercised.

Have fun!

My husband and I just recently came back from a Caribbean Princess trip. We also enjoy taking spinning classes together. While the bikes looked to be of similar quality to our gym, they required you sign up for all three classes offered over the seven days or none at all. We were a bit disappointed that we couldn't just do one or two classes, at our leisure and didn't want to pay for all 3 classes if we could only make it to one or two. So, we didn't end up doing any spinning, we stuck to the treadmills and other machines which are very nice as well.

My recommendation: if your schedule for the week permits, sign up for all the classes. The cost was reasonable (maybe 30-35 dollars for the week if I remember correctly) and the bikes looked very nice. Plus, it's always easier to order desert when you know you exercised.

Have fun!

Kadiebug12,

I wasn't really thinking about taking the classes, but using them early in the morning as my morning exercise. Were they available for you to use outside of the class times?

Mike

Mike,

The bikes were out in the open in the gym, stacked so close together you couldn't ride them where they were. But it appeared you could have grabbed one and put it in the open space and use it. There weren't any signs saying "for use in class only" or anything like that. In fact, we were on RCCL the week before the Princess trip and noticed quite a few people using their bikes outside the class periods. I think as long as you find a spot for it, I doubt they'd have a problem with using them outside of class times.

Kadie

Mike,

The bikes were out in the open in the gym, stacked so close together you couldn't ride them where they were. But it appeared you could have grabbed one and put it in the open space and use it. There weren't any signs saying "for use in class only" or anything like that. In fact, we were on RCCL the week before the Princess trip and noticed quite a few people using their bikes outside the class periods. I think as long as you find a spot for it, I doubt they'd have a problem with using them outside of class times.

Kadie

Kadie, that sounds great. Thanks so much!

Mike

Archived