Young people on board

thechandlers99

DH and I are looking at a 3 night caribbean cruise on the Eurodam out of Fort Lauderdale in October. I am 29 and he is 31. Will there be anyone our age on board?

We're wondering the same thing about the Westerdam Holiday cruise - would like to bring our 21 & 29-year-old children IF there will be other young adults aboard.

Not many your age...I am 40 (young 40 if I do say so :D ) and my BF and I were on the Noordam last month. There were not many young people on board at all! We knew it would be an older crowd, but honestly (no offense to anyone onboard please)..it was an elderly crowd. Bypassing walkers, wheelchairs and motorized wheelchairs was a challenge sometimes. But, the food, service, etc were excellent! The entertainment/activities were also geared toward an older crowd we thought. We had a great time, but don't know if we'll cruise HAL...at least not for a while.

My wife and I were on the Noordam recently and people under the age of 40 were clearly in the minority. But there were a handful of "younger" folks that we saw frequently. Additionally, since my wife and I are both in the "young" category, we tended to participate in more active excursions, which the other "younger" passengers seemed to participate in as well...so this was a good way to meet up with the passengers who were closer to us in age.

S/F

Think about this advantage. The high adventure, more robust shore excursions are less crowded. We aren't kids, but several times over the years, we've gone on some high activity, but wonderful shore excusions with only half a dozen or so other passengers.

Also, the older passengers often have great stories to tell about their lives and adventures. We always seem to find some really interesting and entertaining older passengers along the way.

My husband and I were in our early 20's when we honeymooned on he Veendam. Now we're in our early 30's and have booked a 10 day on the Volendam. We loved it then and are pretty sure we'll love it now. ;) And hey, don't underestimate the "older" crowd. Some were way more active than we were. :D

Archived