Golf in Tahiti

Deac1966

Has anyone played golf in Tahiti at the Olivier Breaud International?

Is it a long ride to get there (from the IC)? Is the course in good shape? How were you treated? Any info at all will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Gary

• 1 month later...

Is it a long ride to get there (from the IC)? Is the course in good shape? How were you treated? Any info at all will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Gary

We golfed in Tahiti several years ago - (Jan 1997) the course was pretty shaky - the people there were absolutely wonderful - I really can't remember how far it was - I do remember that you had to bring all of your own equipment (read shoes, tees, balls, etc.) - the offering in the "pro shop" was pretty sparse !! My DH was eaten alive by some sort of an insect...

Many Thanks,

Gary

Hi, Gary,

I'm not a golfer, but I checked out my Jan Prince travel guide and she says that the course is about 25 miles from Papeete and the fees were 5.500 CFP back in 2006 (when the book was written).

Hui Popo Golf Tours (skiptahiti@yahoo.com) offers round trip transfers from the Port of Papeete to the course and back. plus a multitude of other services. you might want to chek this out.

Charlie

Archived