PC dining for breakfast and lunch on Golden????

slkmcs

All breakfast and lunch served in the dining room is open seating. Normally just one of the three dining rooms are open for those meals. We often get the best table service of the entire cruise at lunch. I think the highest rated waitstaff get to avoid working the buffet! Not a bad incentive to perform, eh?

On the Grand, which is similar to the Golden, breakfast and lunch is open seating in one of the dining rooms. On our first cruise, we did dinner in the restaurant 5 of the 7 nights and did the Horizon Court for all other meals. On the 2nd cruise, we decided to try lunch in the dining room on the third night and it was heaven. Haven't done the HC for lunch since then. On our 3rd cruise, we tried it for breakfast. We are hooked. We usually visit the HC to see what they are serving -- it sometimes helps in menu selection since many of the menu items are the same, but the service is excellent. We have booked at cruise for May/2005 and this time will try to fit in High Tea one afternoon.

Mich:

By all means fit in the tea one afternoon, I'm hooked on that as well.

My own dining policy is to eat my meals in the dining room whenever possible (and it usually is). I visit the buffet sometimes to see if there is a snack I'd like to take back to my cabin but almost never eat there. Breakfasts in the dining room are wonderful too...... yummm I'm thinking about the eggs benedict now.

Now I understand :D. I was confused regarding traditional dinning. That is only for dinner, right? So any ole PC person can eat at any open dining room for lunch and breakfast. By the way Michtraveler, which May 2005 cruise? We are on Golden/British Isles May 22.

Thanks for the illumination.

Now I understand :D. I was confused regarding traditional dinning. That is only for dinner, right? So any ole PC person can eat at any open dining room for lunch and breakfast. By the way Michtraveler, which May 2005 cruise? We are on Golden/British Isles May 22.

Thanks for the illumination.

We're on the May 23 Sun Princess Vancouver Northbound to Whittier. We've done the Sun and Dawn before in Alaska and love those ships.

We do breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms all the time - it's nice to be waited on and get hot food - also you can usually order off the menu and get just about anything you want - within reason - sometimes it just takes a little longer. We never do the buffet except to grab a cookie or a snack in the afternoon.

Ron

Mich:

By all means fit in the tea one afternoon, I'm hooked on that as well.

My own dining policy is to eat my meals in the dining room whenever possible (and it usually is). I visit the buffet sometimes to see if there is a snack I'd like to take back to my cabin but almost never eat there. Breakfasts in the dining room are wonderful too...... yummm I'm thinking about the eggs benedict now.

Ditto on the tea, it is a delight....and the first time I said "Real men don't do tea!" so AkaWanda went alone and didn't even bother to tell me how wonderful it was, I guess being the Head Mugwhump of the family allows you a certain liberty. I did go a day later and was there every afternoon after that, thank goodness for "anytime dining"

Breakfast and lunch in the Dining Room, so so much nicer AND portion control as well. The first morning I asked if it would be possible to have scrambled eggs with lox (smoked salmon, hey I didn't know until I moved to California) thinking I was making a big deal.............no problem sir and what else would you like?

My DH and I have always dined in the dining room on the Golden at lunchtime. We were always so hot and tired from the shore excursion, that we welcomed the chance for someone to bring us a cold drink (quickly!) and serve us. It was never crowded and we never had to look for a table. Also, the food was always excellent. We are not big buffet people - I know it is the same food, but it seems different when you see that it has been sitting out, even for a little bit.

As for breakfast, we had excursions that left early, so it was best to hit the Horizon and find something fast. I found it to be adequate, but then, I'm not a huge breakfast eater.

Have a great time!:D

We tried to eat most meals in the dining room on our last cruise. The portion control is a big reason. My partner goes crazy at buffets--like the time he put 8 slices of bacon on his plate "because they stuck together."

We also enjoyed room service breakfast one morning. I wrote in all my special requests, including a delivery time earlier than the preprinted cards have as an option.

Archived