Would you like to see what Grand Cayman looks like after Ivan?

nrdsb4

I'm sorry, I don't know how to post a link that you can just click on. But here is a sight you really shouldn't miss:

http:blueoceanart.com/ivan/

These photos will give you some insight into what the people on Grand Cayman are dealing with. Some on the boards have stated with some certainty that Grand Cayman will be up and running again in no time. That's hard to fathom after viewing these photos, but I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

It's sad to see what destruction can be caused by the power of wind and water. :( We may not make Grand Cayman on our next cruise, but that's fine with me. The people of the island have needs much greater right now than dealing with tourists.

All I can say is that I was lucky to be able to go to Grand Cayman for the first time just before Ivan hit.

Its sad an unfortunate how these peoples lives were affected....and if I was going on a cruise now I wouldn't even be complaining about not being able to go....I have my life still intact that's all that matters! hell I even called Carnival to tell thme how extrememly generuos they were being to the Triumph passengers affected by Frances....and that I was extrememly grateful and never expected so much from them.

All I can say is that I was lucky to be able to go to Grand Cayman for the first time just before Ivan hit.

Its sad an unfortunate how these peoples lives were affected....and if I was going on a cruise now I wouldn't even be complaining about not being able to go....I have my life still intact that's all that matters! hell I even called Carnival to tell thme how extrememly generuos they were being to the Triumph passengers affected by Frances....and that I was extrememly grateful and never expected so much from them.

Just curious as to what Carnival did for you as far as Frances? We were delayed getting back for three days b/c of Frances. Were you delayed leaving???

Just curious as to what Carnival did for you as far as Frances? We were delayed getting back for three days b/c of Frances. Were you delayed leaving???
Yes we were supposed to leave Saturday September 4th.....we ended up leaving Monday September 6th at 10:00 at night!

They offered us a 30% refund, $100 shipboard Credit and a 50% discount towards another 7-day cruise until December 2005.

I was never expecting so much!

Just out of curisoity.....for the extra days you guys got....were you still getting nice dinners and buffets etc...and what about the entertainment how did all of that pan out? Did they repeat shows and menu's?

Yes we were supposed to leave Saturday September 4th.....we ended up leaving Monday September 6th at 10:00 at night!

They offered us a 30% refund, $100 shipboard Credit and a 50% discount towards another 7-day cruise until December 2005.

I was never expecting so much!

Just out of curisoity.....for the extra days you guys got....were you still getting nice dinners and buffets etc...and what about the entertainment how did all of that pan out? Did they repeat shows and menu's?

Wow that's awesome. Yeah, the just started repeating the menus. They had most of everything until the last day or so, they began to run out of some things. The rearranged some of the entertainment once they realized we might get delayed and they gave a repeat performance of one of the Vegas style shows. They also added a guest talent show on the last night. Overvall they did a good job of keeping everyone happy!

Seeing those photos should put thing into perspective for everyone.

Highly doubtful.

Originally Posted by cantwait2cruise

:rolleyes:

Wow that's awesome. Yeah, the just started repeating the menus. They had most of everything until the last day or so, they began to run out of some things. The rearranged some of the entertainment once they realized we might get delayed and they gave a repeat performance of one of the Vegas style shows. They also added a guest talent show on the last night. Overvall they did a good job of keeping everyone happy!

I was curious! I was worried that you guys would run out of drinks water or food!

I was going to ask the lady that does my eyebrows becuase she was also on the Triumph before us....but I haven't seen her...so thanks for the 411 !!

Highly doubtful.

Liv LOL.......You're such an optimist!!! ;)

Well you've seen all the threads from people that are gimmie gimmie gimmie. They were inconvenienced because of a missed port or change in intinerary? PLEASE. :mad:

After seeing these, *SHAME* on anyone who has the gall to complain about missing a port or not being compensated by the cruiseline.

You couldn't have said it any better Tef43... Living in Florida, my heart goes out to the people of Grande Cayman. They have no FEMA to help them... Bombero

Well I think a very important point had been grazed here - see I would not mind going there even if the island looked like it is trying to recover - I would hope the individuals who may get to stop there will shop and spread the money love. That just really shows why some of us love going to these islands - not the glam life style we all lead (lol) - but what we feel when we are there - it is not about what we can come back home and brag about - but that feeling the touches our souls when we are there. We want to help while others may be pissy about a missed port.

Ok off my soap box.

How sad!! My heart goes out to all affected by Ivan! I hope they can recover quickly, and get their lives and homes back to normal again. What those poor people must be going through!! I know what it's like to be without water, we survived the floods of '93... But I cant imagine what it's like to be without electricity or a home! :(

Archived