Owner's suite or two rooms

Dlynn

I am looking into our cruise on the Adventure for next year. We always stay in a D1. There are four of us and our kids are now teen agers. I called RCCL today and they have a balcony and a connecting inside available. I am also considering an Owners Suite. We would just bring a twin air mattress for our son. The price is about the same. I think the suite would be nice because of the bigger balcany. The Suite is in the middle of the ship and the connecting rooms are by the aft. I know I would have to book the adjoining rooms today. The problem is i'm going on a cruise next month and I wanted to book then. Any suggestions would be great.

I am looking into our cruise on the Adventure for next year. We always stay in a D1. There are four of us and our kids are now teen agers. I called RCCL today and they have a balcony and a connecting inside available. I am also considering an Owners Suite. We would just bring a twin air mattress for our son. The price is about the same. I think the suite would be nice because of the bigger balcany. The Suite is in the middle of the ship and the connecting rooms are by the aft. I know I would have to book the adjoining rooms today. The problem is i'm going on a cruise next month and I wanted to book then. Any suggestions would be great.

First, if you go with the suite, they do have rollaways. Just make the request when you book.

I just went through the same thing. Me, DH, DD (21), DS (20) in an Owner's originally. Decided that four people (two of which are women) in one room with one bathroom, no matter how big and pretty it is, was too much. I was able to get to connecting Juniors for about $200 (total) less. Now, because we are diamonds, the loss of the concierge with the suite doesn't affect us, but may or may not affect you.

Having been in an owner's suite a few times, it would be difficult to give up that large bathroom, huge balcony and all the living space. And your kids will probably be busy and out of the room a lot. But there is NO privacy just for the two of you, unless you lock your kids out of the room! Also, the concierge lounge can be a real treat. I guess it would depend on the size comparison of the owner's suite vs. the adjoining rooms. Being able to lock your door and two bathrooms might the the key!

Cathy

here's my 2 cents......we have teen boys and normally get a balcony for us and an interior (promenade) accross the hall for the boys.

one time we had an owners suite. at 1st blush we were thrilled...........but then the reality of 1 bathroom and no privacy hit and we decided that it was nice the 1 time.

2 advantages that i don't think were mentioned previously are.......1. use of the consierge lounge (awesome and we definitely used it) and 2. it is worth 2 cruises if you are crown and anchor members.

Thanks everyone. I think I will wait and see how we all do in the D1 next month. Also I want to book when i'm on board so I can get the on board credit.

That's a good plan. :)

I think that you would probably be very happy with a D or JS for Mom and Dad, and an OV or inside for teens.

:D

Previously we had a GS and for five nights it was ok. (DS 20 and 15). But for an eight night Independence we got connecting E1's. I figure when we add up the square footage it would be approximately same size as GS, but with two bathrooms and privacy.;)

Archived