Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Hi

We are arriving on the red-eye from JFK around midnight. I know that the taxi stand is on the third level of the parking garage. Is there a line of cabs waiting as in NY, or do we need to call to arrange a cab? We will be exhausted when we arrive so I want to minimize the wait for the taxi. Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.

Hi SeattleCruiseLover,

We will be arriving at seatac by 9 and will be at pier 30 by 10.30. We will be sailing HAL Amsterdam on July 25. If we check in our baggages, can we grab a taxi and go to Downtown, check out some attractions for 2hrs and be back on time before the cruise leave? We are first time cruise people, so no idea how it works with cruise or Seattle Pier 30.

thanks

Yes, you can do that. I would recommend that you are back no later than 2 pm, and probably a little earlier than that if you don't complete your check in before you leave for town. If you check in first, then 2-2:30 should be reasonable, but check with the pier supervisor to see when they are going to cut off boarding.

Anyone give me parking suggestions for the week in the pier area for the Golden? :)

Park right at Terminal 30. There is no other long term parking in the area (event parking for the Safe and the Q preclude that). It costs $12.00 per day, and here is the info:

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml

Hi

We are arriving on the red-eye from JFK around midnight. I know that the taxi stand is on the third level of the parking garage. Is there a line of cabs waiting as in NY, or do we need to call to arrange a cab? We will be exhausted when we arrive so I want to minimize the wait for the taxi. Any suggestions welcomed, thanks.

There are always taxis there, you need not worry about that.

Thanks Karen . . .one less thing to worry about:) I am so looking forward to visiting Seattle, but not the long plane ride.

I'm with you there. I'm no longer able to fly, but, when I did, 5 to 6 hours would be about 4.5 to 5.5 hours too much. Hopefully you won't hit any weather or any other kind of delays to make it longer.

Yes, you can do that. I would recommend that you are back no later than 2 pm, and probably a little earlier than that if you don't complete your check in before you leave for town. If you check in first, then 2-2:30 should be reasonable, but check with the pier supervisor to see when they are going to cut off boarding.

Thanks a lot for your reply. I wish we could stay in Seattle pre and post cruise, and enjoy Seattle, but

unfortunately can't take too many days of vacation.

fremontman.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your help..I just changed my air tickets after seeing that my flight, the last one of the day, last night was delayed for 3 hrs and missed the connection. Got no sleep over it and didn't want a month of worrying so taking the first flight of the day. We will be in Seattle at 3pm so may do a little sightseeing then before the cruise. Otherwise do I have to book the express online or can I do it at the ship or airport? Rather wait and see when we get there if we feel energetic enough to tour. Thanks again.

Doris

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your help..I just changed my air tickets after seeing that my flight, the last one of the day, last night was delayed for 3 hrs and missed the connection. Got no sleep over it and didn't want a month of worrying so taking the first flight of the day. We will be in Seattle at 3pm so may do a little sightseeing then before the cruise. Otherwise do I have to book the express online or can I do it at the ship or airport? Rather wait and see when we get there if we feel energetic enough to tour. Thanks again.

Doris

Please tell me that you made a typo and are not arriving here at 3 pm on sailing day ..... :eek: They will close boarding before that if your ships sails at 4 pm (likely not later than 2 pm or shortly after), much less the up to an hour to get your luggage, and the 30-60+ minutes to Terminal 30.

As for booking the cruise express, you should do it online, as they are capacity controlled from what I hear (but they don't leave the airport as late as 3 pm if that is really when you are going to arrive).

Karen, NO NO No, LOL .i am arriving on the 25th the day before the cruise. I was coming in at 11:30 that night and changed it to coming at 3pm that afternoon..i am taking the first flight out morning of the 25th. so if any delays i still have 3 more flights that day to make sure i am in Seattle in enough time.

Ok, i will book online for the express.

Thanks for all your help.

Doris

Karen, NO NO No, LOL .i am arriving on the 25th the day before the cruise. I was coming in at 11:30 that night and changed it to coming at 3pm that afternoon..i am taking the first flight out morning of the 25th. so if any delays i still have 3 more flights that day to make sure i am in Seattle in enough time.

Ok, i will book online for the express.

Thanks for all your help.

Doris

Good, that means I can let out my breath and uncross my fingers. That was pretty scary......;)

I WAS getting better, til I got laid off this week. That's got me kind of stressed out, but we will survive.

Karen, sorry to hear that. And, you still have time to answer our mundane questions even though you are so stressed. Thank you.

Karen, just wanted to say thanks for your suggestions. The duck tour was a lot of fun and the drive to Vancouver was beautiful...even stopped by the outlet mall on the way north...

Seattle is a beautiful city

I WAS getting better, til I got laid off this week. That's got me kind of stressed out, but we will survive.

OMG If it's not one thing it's another, you know I bet there's an even better job out there waiting for you!

Dianne

Karen, just wanted to say thanks for your suggestions. The duck tour was a lot of fun and the drive to Vancouver was beautiful...even stopped by the outlet mall on the way north...

Seattle is a beautiful city

Monrovia, in the Pomona Valley.....(Victorville person myself, before here). Glad you enjoyed your trip, and you got in and out before the weather turned positively desert-like this weekend.....:)

I'm not overly worried about it. It took me 18 months the last time, so I figure it will take that long or longer this time because the economy was a lot better back then.....

Hi Karen,

You have lots of info about Seattle. I think you can make a very good concierge service. Why dont u go work for yourself by opening your own company catering to cruise people?

fremontman

Hi Karen,

You have lots of info about Seattle. I think you can make a very good concierge service. Why dont u go work for yourself by opening your own company catering to cruise people?

fremontman

My daughter keeps telling me (and she isn't being facetious, I'm afraid) that I should go to the CVB and tell them that they owe me a nickel for every answer I provide so that they don't have to.....:D

Archived