Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

I won't lie...I know this question has been answered many times, but I did not take note of it.

What will the approx cab fare be from the Sheraton to the Princess terminal? Trying to figure out how much cash ti have on hand.

$15 max, but I would think closer to $10 excluding fuel surcharge and gratuity for two people.

Yep, here in SEA they are. I don't know if it is still $2.50 or if they have raised it to $3.00 like they were planning to. Metro has raised their fares twice in the past three months, and they are going up again on 1 October 08, as well.

Karen, are Seattle buses still offering the travel free area on certain downtown buses now that fares are increasing around the city?

Dianne

Karen, are Seattle buses still offering the travel free area on certain downtown buses now that fares are increasing around the city?

Dianne

Anything in the ride free area is still free from 6 am to 7 pm (PLEASE, don't give them any ideas about dropping that, too...:eek: ). Ride free area runs from Bell St on the north to Jackson on the south, 5th on the east and the water on the west, and all buses running in that area are free for that area only. Get on or off outside of the free ride area and you have to pay.

Karen,

I asked Hubby if there were any other questions we needed answers to before we leave. Because you would be busy with your trip too. And i proceeded to tell him you were sailing the day before us. He said yeah.

"could we just have her smuggle us on with her and then we can just follow her around so we will see all the good stuff" LOL

And then i told him i would tell you this... i would say that is an endorsement for your resume to get a job in this business lol

Ok another good question. I want to take a bottle of capt morgan (only alcohol i drink) with us.. i know i need to buy from a "state store". What would be the closest one to us at the westin.

Thanks so much for all the help and i will be posting lots of info about our trip here in a few weeks. Or maybe during since i will have my laptop....

I hope you enjoy your trip Karen..... we will be thinking about you....

BONVOYAGE!!!!!

Lee-Ann & Ken

Karen,

I asked Hubby if there were any other questions we needed answers to before we leave. Because you would be busy with your trip too. And i proceeded to tell him you were sailing the day before us. He said yeah.

"could we just have her smuggle us on with her and then we can just follow her around so we will see all the good stuff" LOL

And then i told him i would tell you this... i would say that is an endorsement for your resume to get a job in this business lol

Ok another good question. I want to take a bottle of capt morgan (only alcohol i drink) with us.. i know i need to buy from a "state store". What would be the closest one to us at the westin.

Thanks so much for all the help and i will be posting lots of info about our trip here in a few weeks. Or maybe during since i will have my laptop....

BONVOYAGE!!!!!

Lee-Ann & Ken

Lee-Ann, are ya'll staying at the Westin Downtown Saturday night?

Me too:D

Actually we are there thur-sat night... We should meet...being follow floridians and all... I am running to work (last day) but i will be back at 5 tonight... to reply...lol

Ok...I am meeting 2 friends for dinner...we should ALL hook up:D

Probably this one SEATTLE-2ND & SENECA

1201 2ND AVE

SEATTLE WA 98101-2950

http://lostinseattle.com/LIS/-catlists/cat-liquorstore.html

Karen,

Megan in the events office at the Space Needle called me promptly on Monday a.m. and there are no private events scheduled during my visit. Yeah! She told me that those are listed if I go into the hours page on their website. I must have missed that info on my last visit.

Thanks to Megan and to you Karen for all your help.

St. Louis Sal

P.S. Bon Voyage Karen

Karen,

BONVOYAGE!!!!!

Lee-Ann & Ken

Lee-Ann: The nearest state store to the Westin is at 2nd and Seneca. That is about three blocks west and 4-5 blocks South of the Westin. You can take a bus south on 3rd Av, then walk down to 2nd. To get back, since 3rd is seriously uphill, I recommend walking west to 1st Av and taking an 11 or 5, which will get you back up to 3rd and Pine, which is a two block walk to the Westin.

That particular state store is not open on Sunday, so you will need to go Saturday before 5.

Have a great trip. Unfortunately, we are not in port with Pearl anywhere, so I can't invite you to follow us around, or I would. I'll be doing the Sun next year from YVR, though, if you'd like to come along.....:D

Karen,

Megan in the events office at the Space Needle called me promptly on Monday a.m. and there are no private events scheduled during my visit. Yeah! She told me that those are listed if I go into the hours page on their website. I must have missed that info on my last visit.

Thanks to Megan and to you Karen for all your help.

St. Louis Sal

P.S. Bon Voyage Karen

Terrific! You have a great trip, too. I'll pray for fair winds and following seas for you.

I know this has been asked and answered a million times (probably). What is the taxi rate, before tip from the a/p to the Sheraton Seattle? The dh wants to know. I was planning on hopping on the $22 bus.

Thanks!

$28 for two, plus $2.50 fuel surcharge, so it will be just a tad more than the Airporter.

Karen

From one Seattleite to another, Have a fantastic time in Alaska! Just leave some good weather up the for us when we leave on the Millie on the 22nd ! Have a great trip , can't wait to hear all about it

Melody:D:D

P.S. Can we have a more beautiful week, weather wise, that this week!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!

OK great, he said he'd do it for $30 but if it was $60 no way. Thanks Karen! See ya Saturday!

You never know. You might see one or both of us before that and just not know it. We have some shopping to do at the Market on Friday afternoon (our picnic breakfast for Saturday morning at Terrminal 30).

Definitely see you aboard.

Karen

From one Seattleite to another, Have a fantastic time in Alaska! Just leave some good weather up the for us when we leave on the Millie on the 22nd ! Have a great trip , can't wait to hear all about it

Melody:D:D

P.S. Can we have a more beautiful week, weather wise, that this week!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!

Melody: Thanks, and we will try to leave some decent weather for you.

It has been gorgeous, but a bit too warm for my taste--they are working on the side of the building so we are required to keep our windows shut all day while they are out there. We are on the west side, so we get all of the afternoon sun. It was over 90 degrees inside yesterday, I finally had to turn the A/C on.

Archived