Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

True, I guess you would need to call as you are loading at the airport to have them waiting for you. But even the Connector Service goes only to certain hotels/properties and the Spring HIll is, unfortunately, not one of them. The list is at the bottom of the page that you referenced, but the Holiday Inn Express is.

That's true Spring Hill isn't on the list.

The closest that the Gray Line connector goes to SpringHill is the Greyhound Station, which is about 5-6 blocks away, and you can't book the connector in advance like you can the main portion of the Airporter. You have to wait and call them after you are dropped off at a downtown hotel stop.

Taxis are available on the third floor of the parking garage.

See map here .

Thanks! I went into the map site and discovered FAQ on the airport's website. I have discovered "Shuttle Express" (which I am sure has been mentioned on this thread), and decided that will be perfect for us. It will take us to Springhill Suites and bring us back to the airport when we depart for $28 per person round trip. That's probably cheaper than a taxi.

Now, just to get the airline tickets bought is next on the list! :p

I have one more question:

Is Spring Hill Suites (downtown) a long way from Terminal 30? Do we just call for and reserve a taxi the night before? I am just afraid what happened to us in Ft. Lauderdale in January will happen to us again.

We called the night before to get a taxi to pick us up the next morning at the hotel. The next morning we waited and waited. We called the taxi company again. They said they would put a "priority" on it and get the taxi out to us. We waited another 30 to 60 minutes. When they never showed up, after more phone calls and promises they would "be there right away", we ended up getting an independent taxi that kept coming by every 30 minutes asking if we needed a taxi. :mad:

Hi Karen,

I and everyone else on these boards would like to thank you for all the infomation and help with our visits to Seattle. I'll be in Seattle 2 nights pre-cruise and 3 nights post-cruise in July and August. I'm doing the Alaska cruise July 26 on the Golden Princess with a singles group. I have a question about a day tour with Grayline. They have a 12 hour tour to the San Juan Islands from pier 69 to see the wildlife and the orcas and I'd like to know if this is a good tour and worth the $110 price. I'm staying at the Hotel Vintage Park and where is pier 69 in relationship to the hotel. I got the hotel thru priceline for $75 per night for pre- and post-cruise using two different bids. Also, I'm looking forward to the post cruise because the Mariners are in town against the Orioles, maybe I'll see you at the game. Thanks again for all the info! Ken...

I have one more question:

Is Spring Hill Suites (downtown) a long way from Terminal 30? Do we just call for and reserve a taxi the night before? I am just afraid what happened to us in Ft. Lauderdale in January will happen to us again.

We called the night before to get a taxi to pick us up the next morning at the hotel. The next morning we waited and waited. We called the taxi company again. They said they would put a "priority" on it and get the taxi out to us. We waited another 30 to 60 minutes. When they never showed up, after more phone calls and promises they would "be there right away", we ended up getting an independent taxi that kept coming by every 30 minutes asking if we needed a taxi. :mad:

That sounds PRECISELY like our main two cab companies (Orange and Yellow). Terminal 30 is about 4-5 miles from SpringHill. I would call them the night before, then call them again about three hours before you want them in the morning (i.e. at about 6 am) to make sure that they have the call ready to go out. Then, if you don't see or hear from them by a few minutes after 9, have the hotel call them, because they seem to respond better to hotels than they do to individuals.

Hi Karen, I will be staying at the Warwick Hotel and was wondering if you are familiar with any good places in the area to get a manicure and pedicure. I was thinking that it might be better to do right before I cruise than before I leave Jersey since I'll be spending a few days clomping around the Zoo and downtown.

Thanks for all your help.

There are a couple of places on 3rd Av in the block between Pike and Pine, both of them day spas. I don't really know anything about them, because I'm not allowed to have acrylics or such because of my profession, so I pretty much take care of my own nails. One is right on the southwest corner of 3rd & Pine, and the other is on the same side of the street half way down the block to the South.

I don't do fake nails either, but if you ever saw how horribly I paint my own nails, you'd know why I need to have a professional do them.

Day Spas sound good, a nice massage after all the sightseeing could be a very nice beginning to the cruise.

Yep, I could go for a massage right now myself. They are both within walking distance of the Warwick...one block west to Third and about 3-4 south to Pike/Pine.

I can't paint my own nails either, but then I'm not allowed to wear it at work, anyway, so it doesn't really matter much. For the occasional "dress up" event, then I get someone else, like my daughter, to do it for me.

Karen,

I read somewhere that there are virgin forests near Seattle; do you have any information about them? Are they parks with visitor centers? We will have a whole day (and a rented car)to spend on this activity. Any suggestions?

Kathleen

there are unlogged forests right in seattle--lincoln park in west seattle and ravenna park (the ravine) by the university...

but you could drive one hour up to snoqualmie pass--maybe two hours with traffic. there are lots of trails through the forest.you could drive to Mt. Rainier--which would put you at tree line and lots of beautiful forests. mt rainier is 2-3 hour drive one way depending on where you go.

you could also drive over to the Olympics--out of port angeles is Hurricane ridge--this would be a very very long day.

you could also drive up Hiway 20 to Diablo--national recreation area maybe 3 hours one way.

I drove up to Skykomish--not too far from there is foss river trail--mostly flat--goes up 2-3 miles to a lake and you pass a tree that must be 10 plus feet across....

there are unlogged forests right in seattle--lincoln park in west seattle and ravenna park (the ravine) by the university...

but you could drive one hour up to snoqualmie pass--maybe two hours with traffic. there are lots of trails through the forest.you could drive to Mt. Rainier--which would put you at tree line and lots of beautiful forests. mt rainier is 2-3 hour drive one way depending on where you go.

you could also drive over to the Olympics--out of port angeles is Hurricane ridge--this would be a very very long day.

you could also drive up Hiway 20 to Diablo--national recreation area maybe 3 hours one way.

I drove up to Skykomish--not too far from there is foss river trail--mostly flat--goes up 2-3 miles to a lake and you pass a tree that must be 10 plus feet across....

See what happens when I get busy for a couple of hours??? This is a perfect answer for you. Thanks to nna for providing it.

Finally got the hotel now onto the car! We will be arriving early on a Friday morning and want to go directly to Pikes since we can't check in until 3:00 at our hotel. Renting a car seems like the best option. Does Thrifty have a dropoff close to the Celebrity pier? Many thanks!!!!!!

Finally got the hotel now onto the car! We will be arriving early on a Friday morning and want to go directly to Pikes since we can't check in until 3:00 at our hotel. Renting a car seems like the best option. Does Thrifty have a dropoff close to the Celebrity pier? Many thanks!!!!!!

It is down near Pier 48, and X sails from Pier 66. About a mile away.

We are staying at Travel lodge near Space needle, any suggestions are places to eat on a Friday night? Thanks for all the helpful information.;)

Assuming that you don't want to go to Mickey D's (which is VERY close), the following are more or less in walking distance:

Sport Restaurant at the corners of Broad, Fifth and Denny (a sports bar and restaurant that serves a mixture of American and NW fusion cuisine).

Zeek's Pizza, on the corner of 5th Av and Denny. Pizza and salads, dessert. No pasta, though.

Singha Thai on the corner of Cedar and 5th Av. Pretty standard Thai Cuisine.

Outback Steakhouse at the corner of Westlake and Valley (this one is a bit of a walk--around a mile).

Buca di Beppo at the corner of 9th and Valley/Mercer--about one block from Outback. Great family style Italian. Either be VERY hungry or have lots of people with you (or want lots of leftovers).

We are staying at Travel lodge near Space needle, any suggestions are places to eat on a Friday night? Thanks for all the helpful information.;)

In addition to Karen's good suggestions I like Tutta Bella (Denny & Westlake) and McCormick & Schmicks (Westlake north of Valley St.)

Fast Food:

There is a Subway right across the street, which is also connected with a fast food type pizza/pasta place. The closest Mickey D's is about a mile or so away at 6th and Virginia. There is a Johnny Rocket's in the Pacific Place Mall at 7th & Pine. Hopefully that will take care of your fast food needs for a couple of days.

And there is a cafe sort of a place in SpringHill, unless they have closed it since I was last there about two years ago.

Real Food:

Cheesecake Factory: 8th & Pike

Daily Grill: In the Sheraton at 6th & Pike

Quite a few sit down type of restaurants (Thai, Japanese, Mexican, brewery, Italian) in the Pacific Place Mall at 7th & Pine. All of them are good and moderately priced.

All of these are within a reasonable walking distance (1.5 miles or less, mostly less). If you want to go farther afield, let me know.

Hi: We're staying at the Hyatt downtown and need a lettle advice. My husband is handicapped so I guess we take a cab to Pike's Market. Are there any good reasonable restaurants near the Hotel. We also have a 14 year old with us. How about Cheescake Facktory. How far is it from the Hyatt? Thanks in advance for your help.

Archived