Foundation for problem complexion...

CMK1970

LOL I'm not asking people for professional help...just posted to see what other women use and how they liked Bare Minerals..I know my skin type is not like everyone else and I'm not asking to be diagnosed...

Actually my skin is not really sensitive...I think I must have come across that I have very bad skin..I dont. I might have a pimple come up on my chin around my MC but thats it...I have more problems with oily skin..

Believe me I'm not going to rush out and buy what everyone else uses...I'm more interested in Bare Minerals.

This is a discussion board, I did not come here to have other woman guess my skin type or problems..only to discuss makeup and hear what other posters have to say about their experiences;)

Yeah, I didn't realize that a doctor's appointment is mandatory before sharing skincare experiences with others. That's what boards exist for, no?

I've had a pretty good experience with Bare Minerals. My skin is very very VERY sensitive. I cannot even use hypoallergenic lotion on my body... pretty lame. The coverage is not as amazing as I had hoped, but I shouldn't have expected better coverage than liquid foundation. It is true though, if you use all the brushes properly and take time in concealing you do get pretty good coverage. It wouldn't hurt to try it out!

If anyone with problematic skin doesn't want to wear makeup to the beach, etc, try facial sunscreens with a tint. I don't have horrible skin but my skin tone is uneven/blotchy and I hate going out with no makeup. The tinted sunscreens work well for me (though not perfect) and there's no makeup application for laying by the pool or going to the beach :) Sephora carries different brands. HTH!

Yeah, I didn't realize that a doctor's appointment is mandatory before sharing skincare experiences with others. That's what boards exist for, no?

I've had a pretty good experience with Bare Minerals. My skin is very very VERY sensitive. I cannot even use hypoallergenic lotion on my body... pretty lame. The coverage is not as amazing as I had hoped, but I shouldn't have expected better coverage than liquid foundation. It is true though, if you use all the brushes properly and take time in concealing you do get pretty good coverage. It wouldn't hurt to try it out!

Sorry some of you didn't get my point.

Problem skin??? Cover it up??? Discuss it with complete strangers for the answer???

Why not do things the right way and not require covering up problem skin. I just don't understand why this is so hard to understand, but oh well. If you want to continue and cover up your skin with makeup in the tropics and on the beach, go for it.

Sorry some of you didn't get my point.

Problem skin??? Cover it up??? Discuss it with complete strangers for the answer???

Why not do things the right way and not require covering up problem skin. I just don't understand why this is so hard to understand, but oh well. If you want to continue and cover up your skin with makeup in the tropics and on the beach, go for it.

Good grief this is a discussion board! Not trying to be mean but if you dont agree with my thread dont read it:rolleyes:

I like discussing with other posters what they do for their problem skins...whats wrong with that??:confused:

I just dont understand why you are so upset ovet it?? So what if I want to discuss things with other posters its no skin off your back..correct??

There are a few threads I dont understand but I do not post blasting them for stating their opinions...its not my business..

Thank you for your blessings:rolleyes: I'm betting their are many women that wear some sort of makeup in tropical weather...I love makeup so I really dont care what others think..there are some of us that dont have lily white perfect skin..I have some age spots and dark circles under my eyes so yes I like to cover them up..these things are harder "to do the right thing" because not matter what you do they do not go away..

Why dont we agree that you dont like wearing makeup and I do...I'm not gonna tell you to wear makeup so you really dont need to tell me not to;)

I just got back from the mall. I went to Sephora and had them do my make up with the Bare Minerals. I love the way it looks, and I bought the starter kit. Now I'll have to see if I can manage to make it look like this myself!:eek:

So Cindy how did it turn out?? Did you come close to how it looked at the mall?

Thats like going to get your haircut and trying to make it look your hair-dresser did..LOL!!:D :)

LOL I didnt think I was going to get that type of reaction for posting about problem skin:eek: :rolleyes: It is a discussion board after all..

Yeah.. I think using liquid foundation its hard to go to something else since it will probably not cover up as well...but it seems that it makes me look older..gives great coverage but shows up fine lines..I can not go without makeup so I need something..LOL!! I really wished I had perfect skin that I didnt have to wear makeup but unfortunately I dont. I love makeup anyway have since I was a teen so if I had perfect skin I would still have worn it:p ;)

I love that is has a refund if you do not like it...I have been eyeing it forever so its nice to hear from other posters that have actually used it:)

I have very sensitive skin and had a very hard time wearing any foundation. Until I bought Bare Minerals. I just love the stuff. I have never once has a break out after wearing this foundation. I would usually always break out after wearing all the other brands.

So Cindy how did it turn out?? Did you come close to how it looked at the mall?

Thats like going to get your haircut and trying to make it look your hair-dresser did..LOL!!:D :)

Hmm...I can't make the hair come out the same either! I must be a beauty reject!

The make-up was difficult Sunday, easier yesterday, and easier yet today. I still don't look quite as good as I did when the pro applied the make-up, but I'm working on it!:D

Hi Cindy-

Glad to hear that the BareMinerals is working out for you. Did your kit include the primer (BareVitamins)? This or another mineral primer can help smooth out the skin so the foundation doesn't settle as much.

The BE actual primer is called "Prime Time". It is an excellent primer! The Bare Vitamins is actually a treatment. Doesn't perform the same function, but both are excellent. I'm now also using Rare Minerals at night. I've been using it for a month now, and can see a significant change to the texture of my skin. My pores appear smaller and clearer, and I've had no breakouts (even during "that" time:rolleyes: ).

Good grief this is a discussion board! Not trying to be mean but if you dont agree with my thread dont read it:rolleyes:

I like discussing with other posters what they do for their problem skins...whats wrong with that??:confused:

I just dont understand why you are so upset ovet it?? So what if I want to discuss things with other posters its no skin off your back..correct??

There are a few threads I dont understand but I do not post blasting them for stating their opinions...its not my business..

Thank you for your blessings:rolleyes: I'm betting their are many women that wear some sort of makeup in tropical weather...I love makeup so I really dont care what others think..there are some of us that dont have lily white perfect skin..I have some age spots and dark circles under my eyes so yes I like to cover them up..these things are harder "to do the right thing" because not matter what you do they do not go away..

Why dont we agree that you dont like wearing makeup and I do...I'm not gonna tell you to wear makeup so you really dont need to tell me not to;)

I don't get upset over anything on this board, that's pretty silly to do.

And...I wear makeup, I just no longer try to cover up my problem skin, I take care of it so I don't have to. Just like you could if you wanted to.

And... I can read and respond to anything I want to on this board, just like you can if you want to :)

I just find it odd to discuss covering up problem skin without discussing how to not have problem skin, that's all.

And...I wear makeup, I just no longer try to cover up my problem skin, I take care of it so I don't have to. Just like you could if you wanted to.

And... I can read and respond to anything I want to on this board, just like you can if you want to :)

I just find it odd to discuss covering up problem skin without discussing how to not have problem skin, that's all.

I don't understand the problem. We're all adults here... no one needs to be told to go to a doctor or a dermatologist or anything else. Furthermore it's terribly rude of you to assume that people don't and you are the only one who has been introduced to modern medicine and are the only one who "takes care" of your skin. There are many individuals who do not believe in treating things medically when they can be treated naturally. I have been going to a dermatologist for over five years. I still have trouble skin and I still wear make-up to improve the appearance of it. What is your novel advice for me? There is no need to lecture people who you don't even know.

CMK... another option might also be Origins foundation. They have setups in most major department stores... Macy's, JCPenney, ect. They have liquid foundation that is thinner than most and offers sheer coverage. I'm not sure the name of it but anyone of the Origins reps would know. And I was always told that if there is not enough coverage, you could also wear a powder over it. I used Origins before BareMinerals. Their "A Perfect World" line really moisturizes the skin and makes it feel great. I still use the liquid moisture with white tea before wearing BareMinerals.

I've been wearing mineral makeup for years, love it, and will never go back to liquids and creams. The minerals are so much healthier for your skin and will improve your skin over time. I started with the Bare Escentuals, but found it made my skin itch some (especially if I got hot). I found the brands without bismuth were so much more soothing to my skin, and also look much better without that glittery, chalky look. My favorite brands at the moment at Pure Luxe and Dreamworldminerals.com. Both ladies will work with you and custom mix foundation shades for you. Other good brands available are Meow, Suncat, Lumiere, Colorscience, Cory, The She Space (for eyeshadows), MOD minerals, Everyday Minerals, Aubrey Nicole, and I am sure I am missing some, but my point is there are other better and cheaper mineral makeup companies than Bare Escentuals.

Pure Luxe has a Translucent Matte and a powder Eraser that I will never be without. I also love her finishing powders (April's Mix, Radiance, and Glow Girl). Now she also has some cream mineral foundations that I do not like, but I love her powder foundations. However, I think I am preferring Dreamworldminerald foundations over even Pure Luxe. They feel so good and stay all day and her customer service is awesome. Both Pure Luxe and Dreamworld have a forum where you can ask questions.

Okaaay..my oily skin, dark circles and brown spots are not from wearing makeup:rolleyes: If anything its my hormones/stress/genetics since the only time I get a pimple is when I'm near my MC..not from wearing makeup..if I had flareups all the time then it might be the foundation that I'm wearing but this is not the case..

I take very good care of my skin(well except when I was in my young 20's and tanned:eek: ) just because I wear makeup doesnt mean that I dont..

Some people have scaring from acne they had as teens...I'm sure they use makeup to help cover it up..its their skin and their decision.

Using makeup actually helps with me being a beacon of light, LOL..living in the South.. humidity is a b**** So if I didnt wear makeup I would still have oily skin..not very pretty in public. I have always been fascinated with makeup and I love what you can do with it.

You have all the right in the world to respond to posts but you just come across as you know better than anyone about skin problems...some of us could go years without wearing makeup and still have problem skin.

I didnt post this thread for diagnosing my skin..like you stated I'm the only one that knows whats best for that...I posted to hear other womens experience and what they thought of BM:confused:

So I guess we will have to agree to disagree:)

Hmm...I can't make the hair come out the same either! I must be a beauty reject!

The make-up was difficult Sunday, easier yesterday, and easier yet today. I still don't look quite as good as I did when the pro applied the make-up, but I'm working on it!:D

Well it seems you are getting the hang of it!! I can never get my hair to look the same as my hairdresser.. not for the lack of trying though:p

So are you still liking it?

I don't understand the problem. We're all adults here... no one needs to be told to go to a doctor or a dermatologist or anything else. Furthermore it's terribly rude of you to assume that people don't and you are the only one who has been introduced to modern medicine and are the only one who "takes care" of your skin. There are many individuals who do not believe in treating things medically when they can be treated naturally. I have been going to a dermatologist for over five years. I still have trouble skin and I still wear make-up to improve the appearance of it. What is your novel advice for me? There is no need to lecture people who you don't even know.

CMK... another option might also be Origins foundation. They have setups in most major department stores... Macy's, JCPenney, ect. They have liquid foundation that is thinner than most and offers sheer coverage. I'm not sure the name of it but anyone of the Origins reps would know. And I was always told that if there is not enough coverage, you could also wear a powder over it. I used Origins before BareMinerals. Their "A Perfect World" line really moisturizes the skin and makes it feel great. I still use the liquid moisture with white tea before wearing BareMinerals.

I have a JCPenny here so I will go check out the Origins foundation..I would enjoy having a "makeover" to see what it would look like..

I'm lucky that I dont have sensitive skin and can wear pretty much any makeup...I think I came across to some posters as having very bad skin but I dont..just to much sun, dark circles as I have gotten older, oily skin...these things are not caused by wearing makeup.

I just love hearing everyones experience and what they use...thanks so much for posting:)

Archived