ONE DAY SALE - Feb 28, 2008

skylock

Some restrictions (including stateroom/category availability) apply. Request fare code CP1S.

Others have said to leave off the C, so the code becomes P1S.

Just for clarification. Where did we find this code? I didn't see it in the original post...am I blind.

Just for clarification. Where did we find this code? I didn't see it in the original post...am I blind.

It's in the last line in the terms & conditions, just before :"Ship's Registry: Panama & The Bahamas". But it is very easy to miss.

I booked a 4A garantee. When I try to fake book the site is not even showing the 4A category although it shows in the OP that the 4A is part of the deal. Anyone know why that might be? Also there is supposed to be an exclusive preview of the sale today but when I go on the website it says nothing about it. Is there a special link to the sale?

I just checked on both of mine, and the sale price is more than what I got when I booked (and I just booked 2 weeks ago). I'm not interested in the upgrades because I dont' want to be on the upper decks in a forward cabin (I'd get sick).

I'll just keep checking for price drops later.

I am booked on the Fascination for the week of April 21. I pd for a guaranteed ocean view. I noticed that my price had dropped regardless of the sale so I tried the code on a new booking and it was showing the upgrades.

I was told that it was only for new bookings and I mentioned it was my family's first cruise with them and that I had know for a fact that the adjustment was made for others...they were willing to give me an $80 credit for the price drop and the girl mentioned that it would cost $20 more if i wanted the upgrade promotion....after being told it was for new bookings...I told her that I was very unhappy with that answer and that I was planning on booking another cruise with the sale but if that was the case i would look to book some where else. She said she would get back on the line with a supervisor....well low and behold I got my upgrade....top floor empress deck...I pd $20 more for my family of 5...not $100....$20 and that was it...I originally pd $1425 and if I got the empress pkg from the start it would have been $1725...so I think I got a good deal!!

I just checked on both of mine, and the sale price is more than what I got when I booked (and I just booked 2 weeks ago). I'm not interested in the upgrades because I dont' want to be on the upper decks in a forward cabin (I'd get sick).

I'll just keep checking for price drops later.

We only have one cruise booked, but the sale didn't help us either. There actually is NO discount on our Summer sailing; same price as a couple of days ago, which is more than when we booked. And I have no desire to be any higher up or forward. I went through a lot of trouble to get two connecting cabins on the right deck and as mid-ship as possible to avoid seasickness.

Due to my queasiness, I will never understand why people get so excited over being moved all the way up on a ship.

I told Carnival to take me off their mailing list. I'm getting bombarded with emails about this friggin 1 day sale. Only problem is, the prices are pretty much the same overpriced prices that they always are.

Quit scamming and spamming us Carnival.

Quit treating us like fools.

SO I called carnival for our 3/16 sailing and they agreed to give us $360 on board credit which is awesome :) Now my understanding is that if you have a balance remaining from your on board credit, it is refunded back to you via check or cash. Can someone please confirm this? I'd really appreciate it.

Called my PVP and she said no discount on price because the price has already gone up $100pp over what price we have but we did get upgraded to the Verandah deck. Anybody have any problems being dead middle of ship on the verandah deck. Our cabin will be # 8359 looks like its directly under the corner of the lido pool area and the corner of the red sail restaurant. Please help with this, we have time to get it changed if needed.

Thanks

We only have one cruise booked, but the sale didn't help us either. There actually is NO discount on our Summer sailing; same price as a couple of days ago, which is more than when we booked. And I have no desire to be any higher up or forward. I went through a lot of trouble to get two connecting cabins on the right deck and as mid-ship as possible to avoid seasickness.

Due to my queasiness, I will never understand why people get so excited over being moved all the way up on a ship.

Have you tried the meclizine/ginger cocktail? DH gets motion sick even on roller coasters and has no trouble on cruises. I get smotion sick as a passenger in cars! We are usually high up and have been getting AFT cabins where there is supposedly more motion and have no trouble. We were mid-ship for our first cruise and would never go back. The views are amazing and the convenience of walking up one level and being in the buffet can't be beat.

You can get meclizine at Target (next to the Dramamine but won't make you drowsy), take one meclizine and one ginger capsule every day starting the DAY BEFORE your cruise. We swear by it and have never been sick, even when we were in rough seas.

we did get upgraded to the Verandah deck. Anybody have any problems being dead middle of ship on the verandah deck. Our cabin will be # 8359 looks like its directly under the corner of the lido pool area

See this website: http://www.seauonboard.com/ go to Cruise 101 Basics, then select FYI Cabin selection. She has done a great job of compiling info on problem cabins for Carnival. If your cabin # is not on the list, you are probably good to go. I have read some complaints of people under the pool who were awakened too early due to getting all the deck chairs arranged very early every morning. (around 5 am!!) Hope this helps!

I told Carnival to take me off their mailing list. I'm getting bombarded with emails about this friggin 1 day sale. Only problem is, the prices are pretty much the same overpriced prices that they always are.

Quit scamming and spamming us Carnival.

Quit treating us like fools.

I guess we have been lucky then because our cabins have gone down in price twice since booking last year. We have saved over $350 so far. Though I don't get sale e-mails anymore, I will keep checking CC and I expect to reduce my price even further.

I also have the most fantastic PVP!

Ok. I am new to Carnival and their PVP and booking stratigies. I am booked on the Imagination for 4/21/08. Is there any sales on this cruise. We are in U202 (Upper). I know we already got an upgrade from Riviera deck and we paid $499.00/person. Can anyone help?

Don't really want another "upgrade" as I want to stay on Upper because it is in between other cabin decks, but was wondering if we could get an OBC. We have only saided Carnival once, so we got a pp deal.

After reading about the sales I thought I would email my carnival rep the code and see if we could save anything on our April 7th Imagination cruise. I had looked up the rates with the code and saw that I might be able to save around $80.00. Today, my rep called me and said he could do better than that. We get back $170.00 per room (we have two rooms) for a total of $340 in shipboard credit. That will pay for our tips. I am very happy of course. Our cruise had been paid for that is why we get the credit which is fine with me.

OK, so I booked through a TA and had her call and they told her it was for new bookings only. UGH.

From reading here, I know that's not the case. I had a PVP we talked with before deciding to go with the TA, do you think if I e-mailed her and explained it's our first cruise and we may be going back and that I know it's not only for new bookings she would help me out with getting the price cut (it would be a $300 savings for me)...

I'm new and clueless at this...thanks for any help!:D

OK, so I booked through a TA and had her call and they told her it was for new bookings only. UGH.

From reading here, I know that's not the case. I had a PVP we talked with before deciding to go with the TA, do you think if I e-mailed her and explained it's our first cruise and we may be going back and that I know it's not only for new bookings she would help me out with getting the price cut (it would be a $300 savings for me)...

I'm new and clueless at this...thanks for any help!:D

No, that is the risk you take when you go with a TA.

It is now out of your PVP's hands.

Archived