Does Valor have the new Balconies or not? PICTURES?

PaulMedik

Hi Paul - Yes, Valor has the new balconies on Spa deck. I'm still trying to unpack and haven't started on our photos yet, but hopefully the photos DH took in Grand Cayman last week will show them.

nybumpkin,

YES! That's what I wanted to hear. I'll be looking forward to your photos with great anticipation. Forget unpacking and get started on the pics! :D

Now I have to decide between Valor Spa balcony and Legend aft wrap for 09. Decisions decisions......:o

Carnival refers to them as 'Family Ocean View Staterooms.' They all sleep four and many on the port side are connecting rooms. They had the floor to ceiling windows like this;

2506955270101452122S600x600Q85.jpg

2369263560101452122S600x600Q85.jpg

2741476650101452122S600x600Q85.jpg

My guess is they made a balcony rail where you can see the rail outside the windown and doors there where the room narrows. If so, the balconies will be a bit deeper than standard balconies.

NOTE: The pics I posted are not mine, they were just the first one's I ran across of Valor Spa Deck rooms. ;)

nybumpkin,

YES! That's what I wanted to hear. I'll be looking forward to your photos with great anticipation. Forget unpacking and get started on the pics! :D

ME TOO, ME TOO!! We are already booked in April and are surprised, shocked, excited about what I consider a free upgrade.

I looked through all my pics and didn't see any pictures. It's tough since there have only been 2 sailings since the upgrade. Balconies on the spa level wasn't something I was looking for. I was staying on the Verandah deck with a balcony - first cruise......I am surprised I even made it up to the Spa deck. Sorry I didn't answer when the question was asked last week.

we are leaving in 2 days and i wanna see too...i am in cabin on spa deck and would love to see if they have changed them

scm200,

It's all up to you! You have to take pictures of your room and all the Spa Deck rooms as well as the balconies from inside and from outside.

If you fail, we'll remove the dashes from your social security number!

Oh yeah, if that encouragement and threat doesn't work, how about PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :D

Ok, I'm confused here. Are the spa balconies deeper now? What category are these cabins? I'm on the Valor on the Verandah deck in November. Is this going to affect my view from my balcony? How much would I have to upgrade to have the spa balcony? I'm in an 8C now. Thanks for any help!!!:confused:

Ok, I'm confused here. Are the spa balconies deeper now? What category are these cabins? I'm on the Valor on the Verandah deck in November. Is this going to affect my view from my balcony? How much would I have to upgrade to have the spa balcony? I'm in an 8C now. Thanks for any help!!!:confused:

cruiselover999,

Dunno if they're deeper or not.

Right now they're selling them as 6E Ocean View

It will not and cannot affect your view.

They have updated the prices on Carnival.com so the 6E cabins are more expensive than you're paying for an 8C; $969 vs $899 for the Nov 2 sailing. So for $70 per 1st and 2nd person you can switch to Spa Deck Balcony cabin. You should have 'upgraded' yesterday because it was cheaper then. :o

The 6Es were the same size as the balcony cabins counting the balcony s.f., so the converted 6Es will still be the same size, just you will walk out to a balcony, instead of having the floor space inside the cabin. I think they were about 5 or 10 s.f. larger than a regular OV to start with.

Carnival refers to them as 'Family Ocean View Staterooms.' They all sleep four and many on the port side are connecting rooms. They had the floor to ceiling windows like this;

2506955270101452122S600x600Q85.jpg

2369263560101452122S600x600Q85.jpg

2741476650101452122S600x600Q85.jpg

My guess is they made a balcony rail where you can see the rail outside the windown and doors there where the room narrows. If so, the balconies will be a bit deeper than standard balconies.

NOTE: The pics I posted are not mine, they were just the first one's I ran across of Valor Spa Deck rooms. ;)

Now thats a what I call ocean view!!

on a lot of cruises these 6E's sold for more then a balcony cabin.

I am surprised to hear that carnival is doing away with them. They are highly sought after for families with children who didnt want the balcony but want the opened feeling of the cabin space.

i will try to take pictures from inside the cabin, not sure about outside - maybe i can try when we are docked in cozumel to get a picture, or from a lower deck - i dont plan on hanging outside by my toes to get an outside picture.

ok...valor here we come:D :D

i will try to take pictures from inside the cabin, not sure about outside - maybe i can try when we are docked in cozumel to get a picture, or from a lower deck - i dont plan on hanging outside by my toes to get an outside picture.

ok...valor here we come:D :D

scm200,

Those bungee cords everyone talks about would be handy for securing yourself for a good outside pic! :D

If you take the pic then go to Paradise Beach you can upload the pic from there for free to webshots.....just an idea. Oh yeah, you can also post a link to the pic here in this thread so we can all see it! ;)

nybumpkin,

Now I have to decide between Valor Spa balcony and Legend aft wrap for 09. Decisions decisions......:o

Better hurry! We just booked the Legend for April 12, 2009 and we got one of only 3 available corner aft cabins left.

Better hurry! We just booked the Legend for April 12, 2009 and we got one of only 3 available corner aft cabins left.

Cruzman,

Advice taken; I just booked 4237 and the aft cabin beside it 4239. :)

Do we have a roll call yet?

I was on the Valor right out of dry dock. I've tried to zoom in, but I'm not sure it'll work. I stayed on the Empress Deck, so I'm not sure this picture even shows what you're looking for, but it might.

1864797331_CruiseFeb2008101zoomedin.jpg.9d7ba9da4d5f087fb24d36251be14550.jpg

I was on the Valor right out of dry dock. I've tried to zoom in, but I'm not sure it'll work. I stayed on the Empress Deck, so I'm not sure this picture even shows what you're looking for, but it might.

L&J,

Yes is shows them! Can you email me the original picture and I'll upload it to webshots. We can blow it up more from there than here.

PaulMedik@aol.com

Archived