Martini bar on the Volendam?

TessM

Just curious, where's the best place for a martini on the Volendam? Is there a piano bar?

While I dont' drink much on "land" - for some reason, I just love a pre-dinner and oftentimes, post-dinner (chocolate) martini.

Thanks!

Yes, there's a Piano Bar on the Veendam. And it's a real piano bar---with barstools around the piano---too. :) It probably won't be open for pre-dinner cocktails, though.

There's several lounges in which you can order a drink. The Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest are open long hours. Any place should be able to mix your favorite "martini" (unless it's gin and vermouth, with an olive garnish, it's not really a martini).

We have rarely found the Piano Bar opened for pre-dinner cocktails. Most times it opens around 7:30 PM.

Oops. Just noticed that I answered last night thinking "Veendam" when the OP mentioned "Volendam". :o That changes things.

The Volendam does not have a piano bar---it has a piano lounge. Big difference in atmosphere. Usually the R-class ships do have the Piano Lounge open for pre-dinner cocktails---at least for those of us on second sitting. It typically opens at 7:15 for an hour.

Hope this answers your question.

Archived