Shore excursion question

lovesublime

This may be dumb, but I can't figure it out. My family and my sister's family are taking Spirit to Alaska in June. We've decided on our shore excursions and are ready to book online with Carnival. Question is: if we book separately how do we insure we'll all end up on the same excursion. For example: we're doing the dog sledding in Juneau which involves a helicopter ride-how do we all end up on the same helicopter? Sorry if this sounds dumb. BTW, the cruises were booked separate. Thanks!

• Administrators
This may be dumb, but I can't figure it out. My family and my sister's family are taking Spirit to Alaska in June. We've decided on our shore excursions and are ready to book online with Carnival. Question is: if we book separately how do we insure we'll all end up on the same excursion. For example: we're doing the dog sledding in Juneau which involves a helicopter ride-how do we all end up on the same helicopter? Sorry if this sounds dumb. BTW, the cruises were booked separate. Thanks!

You should be able to have your reservations "linked" in Carnival's computer system. That would be for dining purposes, and should apply to shore excursions as well. If you booked directly with Carnival, call them and get them to set it up. If you booked with a TA, they will have to contact Carnival to set it up -- and you'll need everybody's booking numbers for it. If you and your sister booked with two different TA's, you might have a little bit of a logistical problem, but it should be resolvable.

As for making sure you are on the same tour, go through the shore excursion booking process to see if they give you the option of booking excursions for another booking number at the same time. If so, put in your sister's booking number, and there you go (but you'll have to sort out the money part at some point).

You should be able to have your reservations "linked" in Carnival's computer system. That would be for dining purposes, and should apply to shore excursions as well. If you booked directly with Carnival, call them and get them to set it up. If you booked with a TA, they will have to contact Carnival to set it up -- and you'll need everybody's booking numbers for it. If you and your sister booked with two different TA's, you might have a little bit of a logistical problem, but it should be resolvable.

As for making sure you are on the same tour, go through the shore excursion booking process to see if they give you the option of booking excursions for another booking number at the same time. If so, put in your sister's booking number, and there you go (but you'll have to sort out the money part at some point).

Thank you. That helps a lot. We booked separately but through the same agency. We should be able to do this.

You can book excursions for any number of people on your booking number...then, onboard you can have the purser bill them to each person...unless, of course, you are Bill Gates or Warren Buffet and are feeling magnanimous!! :)

I booked excursions for 10 people under my booking number last August in this manner.

There are also some excellent independent vendors in Alaska, if you wish to consider them, for usually superior tours.

One ship contracted vendor out of Juneau actually has the least attractive glacier helicopter tours in my opinion. They are so tightly scheduled, it was very shuttle like.

Hi Budget Queen (or others) - I've got 7 people booked through Celebrity for a glacier helicopter out of Juneau. I'm searching now, but if you know of an independent, I'd much rather spend my money locally.

Thanks for this board, I've just booked a fishing trip with Ken at Northern Lights in Ketchikan and am very excited!

Hi Budget Queen (or others) - I've got 7 people booked through Celebrity for a glacier helicopter out of Juneau. I'm searching now, but if you know of an independent, I'd much rather spend my money locally.

Thanks for this board, I've just booked a fishing trip with Ken at Northern Lights in Ketchikan and am very excited!

I highly recommend Northern Lights. There is Coastal out of Juneau with TEMSCO and TEMSCO out of Skagway for independent helicopter operators. I've flown with both for excellent tours.

Archived