Questions about liquids in cabins.

Hello, my DH and I are going on our second cruise and thought it would be fun to take a bottle of sparkling grape juice on board (we have this local brand that is more a a sparkling berry, very yummy) to drink in our cabin after dinner some nights. We thought before we brought it that it might be a good idea to call and check that it would not be taken from us due to RCCL liquor policy, since even though it is non-alcoholic it looks like it.

This leads me to my question, when DH called to ask about he was told that no liquids were allowed in your cabin. The quote was "even if saw a bottle of water on your desk we would take it". This seems odd to me since I read about others bringing bottled water and soda on board. Was this rep just wrong or has RCCL gotten crazy strict about their rules. Which if they had how would they know not to take the wine and stuff you can buy from the ship?

Any info would be great.

Carry your bottle on board in your carry on baggage. Do not place it in your checked luggage. It may flag your suitcase. If you are questioned aabout it when you carry it on board, show them and you will not have any problem. This concerns alcoholic beverages only. Good sailing.:cool:

I would say that alot of the reps have no idea what they are talking about. Last week mine told me that it was no problem bringing alcohol on board. I said WHAT???? Really??? She said you could bring up to two bottles of wine per person. I realized at that moment she had no idea what she was talking about.:confused:

We've brought soda and bottled water on board before with no problem - I'm sure they would discourage glass, but I don't think they'd refuse it. I just went through a problem where I called C&A to check on whether or not my Memorial Day cruise constituted a holiday - she told me it did (meaning I had to pay right then, 20 days earlier than usual). After posting a warning on here about it, I had 10 replies telling me the C&A rep was wrong. Sure enough, I called back the next day, was told I was given the wrong info. RCCL needs to make sure their employees know the rules before they answer questions.

Hello, my DH and I are going on our second cruise and thought it would be fun to take a bottle of sparkling grape juice on board (we have this local brand that is more a a sparkling berry, very yummy) to drink in our cabin after dinner some nights. We thought before we brought it that it might be a good idea to call and check that it would not be taken from us due to RCCL liquor policy, since even though it is non-alcoholic it looks like it.

This leads me to my question, when DH called to ask about he was told that no liquids were allowed in your cabin. The quote was "even if saw a bottle of water on your desk we would take it". This seems odd to me since I read about others bringing bottled water and soda on board. Was this rep just wrong or has RCCL gotten crazy strict about their rules. Which if they had how would they know not to take the wine and stuff you can buy from the ship?

Any info would be great.

They're just trying to terrify you into compliance with the no - alcohol rule. :rolleyes:

They're just trying to terrify you into compliance with the no - alcohol rule. :rolleyes:

However if they insisted on no liquid, that would be no shampoo, no contact lens cleaner, no room service beverages...

Sounds like someone got fired for being over nutty working TSA check point ended up with a RCCL CSR job. :eek:

The brand is called Meir (I think that is the spelling, something like that) they have white and red grape as well as apple and the mixed berry that I like. It is pretty much just juice with fizz. It is very good and only a few dollars a bottle. We buy it at this store called Marc's a discount store in OH. We actually served it at our weddding While we are not strict nondrinkers we are not crazy about it and since we gave up soda a few years back anything with fizz feels like a party.

Archived