All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

Anyone know if there is a swimup bar in the adults pool.

There isn't a swim-up bar in the Solarium pool, but there's a bar right by the pool, like literally within a couple feet from it. And there's a table with stools in the pool itself, under the bridge - the stools are underwater, and you can sit there in the shade of the bridge and put your drink on the table.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh276/erries2008/05cruise/DSC02312.jpg

My loooong review has been posted...if anyone has any extra questions, I'd be happy to answer:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=51252

Hi,

I was on RCL Liberty of the Seas 11/08 and it was fabulous. Now I have family planning a cruise and they prefer Carnival for the prices. We're looking at Carnival Liberty for 11/09. I noticed in your review that you sailed Carnival Liberty as well. What is your opinion, if you can compare it to RCL LOS? Thanks

Hi,

I was on RCL Liberty of the Seas 11/08 and it was fabulous. Now I have family planning a cruise and they prefer Carnival for the prices. We're looking at Carnival Liberty for 11/09. I noticed in your review that you sailed Carnival Liberty as well. What is your opinion, if you can compare it to RCL LOS? Thanks

I thought the Carnival Liberty was an excellent ship. I usually chose my cruises based on itinerary and it had a some great Eastern stops (San Juan, St. Thomas, Torotola, Antigua and Nassau - Bahamas). I thought the dining room food was better on RCI but Carnival did have pineapple juice for breakfast (I love pineapple juice) and the sushi bar. I love that Carnival Liberty has the robes in the stateroom and the cocktail parties both private and Captain's formal were better (not as croweded and they had bar service and waiters with trays of drinks). The LOS definitely has more activities (Flowrider, Rock Wall, Skating Rink, etc). The highlight of the Carnival Liberty was the gigantic TV screen on the top deck and the waterslide. Also some of LOS's hot tubs were open 24 hr whereas Carnival shuts it down around 11:00pm. And I think the one major difference I noticed between the two ships is demographics. LOS had more mature couples, and families with kids whereas Carnival Liberty has a younger, more single guests. And also Carnival loves their partying whether it be after dinner line dancing on the deck or pumping dance music in during the dinner service in the dining room for some impromtu booty shaking. RCI doesn't do that...it's a bit more refined. And the price of Bingo on Carnival was more reasonable...I think it was $10 to play one card where as LOS it was a minimum of $32 just to play. Here's a link to my Carnival Liberty review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=34066

If you liked LOS, I don't think you'll be disappointed if you book the Carnival Liberty. Hope that helps.

Does anyone know if the pool bars have bucket of beers specials, how much they cost and how many beers you get.

I just came across the receipt for our bucket of Coors Lite. There were 6 beers and it was $23 something + 15% grat. My receipt was for $27 something and I remember giving a buck or two as an extra tip. Beer has gone up quite a bit since our last 7 day cruise in 05. Of course that didn't stop us!

Cathy

Does anyone have the information on how many and which nights Adventure Ocean takes the kids to dinner? I've looked over the Daily Planners and can't find it. I would like to be prepared so we can book Chops when we get onboard. I'm thinking it's probably the formal nights, but it would be nice if it was another night as well because we really like going to the MDR on formal nights.

Just bumping to ask my question again.....

Anyone know which nights AO takes the kids to dinner? I'd like to reseve Chops and Portifino as soon as we get onboard.

I just checked the Compass for kids from our recent Liberty cruise, it was on Day 2,4,5,6 ... I would personally wait to be on board and reserve only once I spoke with the Adventire Ocean people.

Cheers :)

I just checked the Compass for kids from our recent Liberty cruise, it was on Day 2,4,5,6 ... I would personally wait to be on board and reserve only once I spoke with the Adventire Ocean people.

Cheers :)

Thank you so much for your reply. I think I will wait. I checked online and the conversion looks too high anyway.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have recent Teen Compasses for the Western itinerary? We will be celebrating my daughters sweet 16 on our cruise in August and would like to have her birthday dinner in a specialty restaurant and go to the Mystery Dinner on another night, we do not want it to interfere with the teen dinner. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Whats the english pub like?

Smoky but fun! It's one of the smoking bars. We loved it! They had a great entertainer the week we were there. One man band kind of thing. He sang 70's fun songs.

They also have seats on the promenade so you can people-watch too.

We met some really cool people in there!

• 3 months later...

I have just booked on LOS for my 25th anniversary next year and can't wait. Any info on the Dunnes river falls in Jamaica would be appreciated. Don't know whether a ship trip or private taxi is best - also how much would a trip cost?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...