All Things LIBERTY of the Seas

krmlaw

We are sailing her in November, and I couldnt find a thread for "All Things" so I figured I'd start one!

Everyone who loves her, has been on her, is going on her, I (and everyone else who hasnt sailed her yet) would love advice!

Whats a must do? The Ice show! What can we skip? Where are the best places to eat, get a drink, meet other cruise addicts? How is the food? Entertainment? Ship itself?

We are bring our DS (then 15), will there be other teens onboard?

What is your favorite place on the ship for a sunset? A sunrise?

We have a D1 for the 3 of us, think it will be enough room? Should be, tight but OK. I would not go any smaller

Whats the english pub like? OH! my FAVORITE place! Say hi to Annabelle if she's still there! Awesome folks who work there!

We were on Adventure before, is the layout very similar?

I think that will get us started ... (can you tell Im SOOOOO excited!!!)

Have fun!!

I started on page one, then skipped to page 50. Thanks to everyone who posted, and to those who included videos and pictures. It's looking more and more like it's going to be the Liberty. I know she'll be as enjoyable as the Explorer.

I started on page one, then skipped to page 50. Thanks to everyone who posted, and to those who included videos and pictures. It's looking more and more like it's going to be the Liberty. I know she'll be as enjoyable as the Explorer.

You will LOVE her! It was my first time on RCI and I loved every bit of Liberty. I honestly have no criticisms at all. I loved the pool area, the promenade, the food, the entertainment, the specialty restaurant (we did Portofino's - so WORTH the $20!!!!). I wish I was on her now

Many people ask for pictures of specific cabins on the Liberty. Here is a resource to look up those pictures. There are not to many at this time, but if you have some, please upload them. Thanks.

cruiselinerooms dot com

Will be a useful site in time. I am looking for photos from deck 2.

Is St Maarten one hour ahead of ship time?

If the ship arrives at 9:00am, is it 10:00 local time?

It depends on the time of year. In the period when daylight savings time is in effect, St. Maarten's time will coincide with time in the Eastern Time Zone of the US. When DST is not in effect there will be a 1 hour time difference.

MJL, I have not yet been on any of RCI's Freedom class ships but definitely agree w/you regarding the "musts" because those are musts on the Voyager class ships as well. (I was reading these posts because we are thinking of MAYBE doing the Liberty next Feb. or March. BTW, we used to live in Ballwin. Live in Wildwood now, though.)

One thing I will comment on that a few posters mentioned is the pub. We once cruised on the Explorer w/some neighbors. We all had teenage girls and boy, did we utilize the English style pub on several nights! They had guy who sang and played guitar (somewhat badly) and hosted sets of karaoke singers between his songs. (There was also the "official kareoke" in one of the lounges). We all had a blast in that pub! Subsequently, we went on the Voyager, then Mariner, then Navigator. The pubs were never that "active" or fun after that one trip.

It depends on the time of year. In the period when daylight savings time is in effect, St. Maarten's time will coincide with time in the Eastern Time Zone of the US. When DST is not in effect there will be a 1 hour time difference.

We were just on Liberty last month and called at St. Maarten. From what I recall the time did not change.

I know about the Flowrider and Boxing ring but what other differences are there between Liberty and Voyager???? And yes I know the Liberty holds more people!

I believe the promenade on Liberty is a bit larger. It has some more stuff. Liberty has both Portofino and Chops (not sure if Voyager has both or just one). Liberty has a beautiful sports deck too.

HI Everyone! I just returned from the beautiful Liberty a couple of weeks ago. Still sorting out photos, but I thought I'd start by sharing a few here of random shots around the ship:

P1010965.jpg

P1010975.jpg

P1010960.jpg

My first dinner on board was this huge piece of prime rib....portions are HUGE!!!!!

P1010994.jpg

My first of many delicious desserts, the strawberry pavlova:

P1020007.jpg

My daughter chose this chocolate mousse type dessert:

P1020008.jpg

Both of my girls (8 and 6) ate from the adult menu every night. There is a children's menu, but it was the same every night and not as appealing as the adult choices!!! Especially the desserts!

Hi Shoppgirl-

Thanks for sharing your pictures. They look great. My husband, myself and our two daughters, also ages 6 and 8 will be cruising on the LOS in 2 weeks. Did they like the kids club? Do you happen to have a copy of the Ocean Adventure Compass that you can email me?

Hi Shoppgirl-

Thanks for sharing your pictures. They look great. My husband, myself and our two daughters, also ages 6 and 8 will be cruising on the LOS in 2 weeks. Did they like the kids club? Do you happen to have a copy of the Ocean Adventure Compass that you can email me?

How lucky for you and your family to be cruising so soon! You will absolutely love it!

My girls did not make use of the kids club except for registration night and the last sea day, for the last 30 minutes of the afternoon session!! For sure take your girls to the registration event on day 1. When you register your girls, they will also give them free lanyards!! Then take their sea pass cards to guest services and have them punch holes in it so they can wear their own sea pass cards occasionally. The 30 minutes they did spend on the last day was not fun at all. It was "quiet activity" time and the kids in the club were all huddled on the floor playing with Jenga like bricks. They do not allow free play, and the counsellors run the activity with the kids as a single large group. I know my girls would have loved to just drop in and do the crafts, but you didn't know exactly when they would be doing the craft. They had fun spending time with us and the extended family on the ship anyways.

I have copies of the Adventure Ocean Compasses, but I do not have a scanner....here is a link to some that someone put together on the internet.

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/

Enjoy your trip!

Does the Liberty of the Seas have an outside Promenade Deck with deck lounge chairs with enough space to enjoy being outside in the shade??

I love the HAL Promenade Decks and lament the fact that so many of the newer ships have sacrificed this outdoor space.

Thanks.

:confused:

Does the Liberty of the Seas have an outside Promenade Deck with deck lounge chairs with enough space to enjoy being outside in the shade??

I love the HAL Promenade Decks and lament the fact that so many of the newer ships have sacrificed this outdoor space.

Thanks.

:confused:

Yes, it's on Deck 4. The smokers tend to hang out there, but they're few enough in number.

I know about the Flowrider and Boxing ring but what other differences are there between Liberty and Voyager???? And yes I know the Liberty holds more people!
I've sailed Liberty and Mariner, and they're very, very similar. I can name a couple more differences:

- Mariner has an inline skate rink on the sports deck. I suppose that is the space that went for Flowrider on the Liberty; Flowrider is MUCH more popular, so this was a good trade-off.

- Liberty's rock wall is much cooler than Mariner's. More people can climb at once, and they have more paths.

- Liberty has the H20 Zone, which was wildly popular (even with my teenaged girls).

- Liberty has more hot tub space; the big ones in the Solarium are HUGE.

- Mariner's soft serve ice cream is built into the wall, whereas Liberty uses that space for Sea Trek (so cute, shaped like a snorkel mask). Liberty's soft serve comes from a cart -- kudos to Mariner on that one; the people waiting for ice cream are forced to stand in a through-path. While we're on the subject of food, Liberty puts out a buffet near the pool on sea days. I don't remember that from Mariner.

- Mariner has Cafe Promenade, while Liberty has Cafe Promenade AND Sorrentos.

- What was the dance club called on the Mariner? The Crypt? Anyway, it was cooler than the Catacombs on Liberty. The two are very alike, but I liked the Medieval theme better than the Viking look. I guess you'd chalk that one up to personal preference.

Again, they're much more alike than different. I'd go back to either ship in a heartbeat.

Edited by MrsPete

What to skip? Art auctions.

What not to miss. Do everything that interests you in the daily events. Your likes could be what I don't like. Read one review telling everyone about some special desert that is only served at the midnight diner saying "It is to die for" (really hate that term and should have known better).

The art auction is gone. No loss.

Also, no midnight buffet. Again, no loss. I didn't like the whole "come in, take pictures, now get out so we can bring you back into the room in a fancy way" thing.

glad they have got rid of the art auctions they were really bad on both the ships we've been on in the past, although did like the Thomas kinkaide pictures alot. we are on liberty in June next year and am already excited when reading the reviews