Travel Insurance

glee87

My husband and I are 40 yrs old. We are taking our first cruise. We are doing a 12 day cruise/land tour to Alaska. Is purchasing travel insurance necessary?

Also, we have one free evening in Anchorage and one free evening in Fairbanks. What is there to see and do in that short time?

Thanks for your help!

Gina

I think travel insurance is absolutely necessary, especially when you consider the cost of the cruise. Imagine how you would feel if you became ill or a family member died 2 weeks before your trip and you lost your money on top of everything else? Plus the insurance takes care of you if you become ill during your trip and require medical attention or transportation. It also covers any expense due to lost luggage, etc. IMO it's definitely worth the price.

Anchorage has a nice downtown, request their visitor guide. In the past they had a walking tour map. Otherwise head to your library and take out Fodor's Alaska and Frommer's Alaska, walking tour maps there too.

Fairbanks usually has a shuttle bus to Pioneer Park. Interesting exhibits, nice salmon bake and excellent show at the Palace Theater.

Be certain you have chosen the right cruisetour and understand fully everything about it. Most do not.

My husband and I are 40 yrs old. We are taking our first cruise. We are doing a 12 day cruise/land tour to Alaska. Is purchasing travel insurance necessary?

Also, we have one free evening in Anchorage and one free evening in Fairbanks. What is there to see and do in that short time?

Thanks for your help!

Gina

Can you afford to lose the cost of airfare, cruise, non-refundable lodgings and any excursions you pre-book? That should help you decide. I have a friend who did not take out trip insurance for their Hawaii trip. Her mother died a few days before they were to leave. They lost $4000.

Archived