Overweight Luggage Woes - How to replace it?

this happened once at the airport, - my teen's bag was overweight. Now, in her case, it wasn't the luggage itself, it was a 15 pound fully beaded gown, full size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, makeup, a curling iron, straightener...and the list goes on. Fortunately we live less than 3 miles from the airport and so we ran back & grabbed another bag. But since that time, we always carry an extra empty bag in the car for this type of a surprise. Usually we don't check as many bags as we are allowed, so it works out fine to have the extra bag to toss stuff into if you go over the limit. We have also learned that it does not necessarily make sense to buy great luggage. We have had good luggage ruined on the first trip. The airlinew won't be responsible for it is it is a wheel or handle or zipper (what else is there to go bad?) anyway, so we watch for the sales & buy - thrilled if they last a couple years,

this happened once at the airport, - my teen's bag was overweight. Now, in her case, it wasn't the luggage itself, it was a 15 pound fully beaded gown, full size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, makeup, a curling iron, straightener...and the list goes on.

Heh, I have told my teenage that her gowns have to be LIGHTWEIGHT and take up minimal space... the beaded and full princess gowns are staying home!

Also, we are buying her "beauty supplies" after we get off the plane :)

heavy carry ons...I have never understood luggage limits...on our last flight we were 2lbs over at check in...the lady at the counter told us it would be a $50 charge to check the bag...we moved 2 lbs into our carry ons and all was solved...its funny b/c the weight was getting onto the plane either way, and from a service standpoint, why inconvinience the pax...

Do carry ons have a weight limits?

We are taking two pair of roller skates with us this summer, and I was planning on one skate per suitcase, but if carry ons have no restrictions, then that is where I need to put them.

Do carry ons have a weight limits?

At this point, I don't think any domestic carriers have imposed a weight limit on carry-ons. I flew Lufthansa in the fall and they do. Check with your carrier.

At this point, I don't think any domestic carriers have imposed a weight limit on carry-ons. I flew Lufthansa in the fall and they do. Check with your carrier.

I think I just read that AA has a 40 pound limit for carry-ons.

Archived