Cool Runnings too many people on board

moosenaroundtheship

Because when we went with CR over Thanksgiving they indicated that they specifically didn't book more than about 1/2 of the 80 person ship capacity. That was our personal experience.

We had a GREAT time; nice friendly crew, good food and bar, with a spacious deck plan and boat.

We had been on the cat 'Heat Wave' in Barbados a couple years prior. It was fun, but not anywhere near as nice a setup as CR - and it was crowded.

We were on the same sailing as jerseyshorelover and could not agree more. There is definitely not too many on board. They took out both catamarans and lots of room on both. It was one of our favorite excursions of our 10 day cruise. The captain Robert and crew are very attentive to everyone's needs. The boats are in immaculate shape. The buffet lunch was awesome...fish, chicken, beautiful salads, rolls, and an open bar. Swimming with the 4 sea turtles was breathtaking! Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day!:) We would sail with Cool Runnings again in a heartbeat! Well worth the $!

We must have been very lucky on our trip with Cool Runnings...we had 14 people total! It was one of the best excursions we have ever done and by far the best catamaran sail we have taken.

Highly recommend them!

I'm booked with Cool Runnings in April on their 5 hour lunch cruise. Can anyone provide more details on the activities? know there is snorkeling with the sea turtles and lunch on the boat but what else is involved? I thought I read somewhere about a stop at a beach...

I emailed them yesterday but haven't heard back yet. Will they pick you up at the ship? Do you pay in advance? If so, what happens if the ship misses the port? We are planning to go in June and I am trying to decide between

Cool Runnings and Silver Moon. There is a difference of $30 per person and I have 4 people. Any advice? Thanks!

We just returned from our Crown cruise and Cool runnings was one of our favorite excursions!!!!

The staff was wonderful,and the food and drinks were amazing!

They had us pay when we arrived at their pier. The driver was outside of the terminal waiting for us at their designated spot and it was a short ride to the pier.

We went with another couple who had used them 2 years ago and liked it so much they returned!

Not more than 30-40 people on board so plenty of room and shade if needed!

We stopped to snorkle wiht the turtles, then at the shipwreck for more snorkling. Lunch was onboard and afterwards we had timne to swim to shore and enjoy the beach!

I would recommend Cool Runnings in a heartbeat!

Kim

We just returned from our Crown cruise and Cool runnings was one of our favorite excursions!!!!

The staff was wonderful,and the food and drinks were amazing!

They had us pay when we arrived at their pier. The driver was outside of the terminal waiting for us at their designated spot and it was a short ride to the pier.

We went with another couple who had used them 2 years ago and liked it so much they returned!

Not more than 30-40 people on board so plenty of room and shade if needed!

We stopped to snorkle wiht the turtles, then at the shipwreck for more snorkling. Lunch was onboard and afterwards we had timne to swim to shore and enjoy the beach!

I would recommend Cool Runnings in a heartbeat!

Kim

Thanks Kim for the great review. I have them booked for our cruise in April. They were so easy to work with. Counting down the days...

Laura

Thanks Kim for the great review. I have them booked for our cruise in April. They were so easy to work with. Counting down the days...

Laura

Can some please provide a web site for CR? We will be there late Sept 08 on the Adventure of the Sea and this sounds like something we would LOVE to try.

Thanks

Can some please provide a web site for CR? We will be there late Sept 08 on the Adventure of the Sea and this sounds like something we would LOVE to try.

Thanks

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... I just spoke to DH and he said this sounded like an awesome way to spend our day in Barbados.

Question? will they pick us up & drop us off at the ship? it's says Hotel but I was wondering if they would do the same for cruises?

Also will there be any free time afterwards to do any shopping? The ship leaves at 5pm? I don't think so but would love too if there is any good shopping near the pier?

Thanks again :D

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... I just spoke to DH and he said this sounded like an awesome way to spend our day in Barbados.

Question? will they pick us up & drop us off at the ship? it's says Hotel but I was wondering if they would do the same for cruises?

Also will there be any free time afterwards to do any shopping? The ship leaves at 5pm? I don't think so but would love too if there is any good shopping near the pier?

Thanks again :D

It has been a couple of years since we were there, but if I remember correctly they picked us up at the pier in a shuttle van. We were taken to the office where we paid up front and then walked to the catamaran (very short walk). After the excursion they also picked up in a shuttle van. We were in port until 10PM so we decided to visit The Boatyard before heading back to the ship. The shuttle driver dropped us off and we took a cab on our own to the ship after watching the craziness at The Boatyard.

Has anyone used CR recently? I went to their website and it says in bright red letters that they are not able to accomodate cruise ship passengers:

Please note that we are unable to accommodate cruise ship passengers due to reoccurring complications experienced in the past.

Any one know about this?

Thanks!

Has anyone used CR recently? I went to their website and it says in bright red letters that they are not able to accomodate cruise ship passengers:

Please note that we are unable to accommodate cruise ship passengers due to reoccurring complications experienced in the past.

Any one know about this?

Thanks!

WOW

I would think this would hurt their business unless they have arranged to be the tour operator the the cruiselines are using therefore they will no longer book indepentantly?:confused:

I just emailed them earlier today so I will post what they say in their reply once I get it, if I get one :rolleyes:

I was really looking forward to doing this too?

Any one know about this?

Thanks!

They have had problems in the past with cancellations, hence no cruise ship passengers, but I wouldn't let that deter me.

Couldn't you be staying with friends on the island?

And couldn't they drive you down to Carlisle Wharf at the appointed time? (15 minute walk, 5 minute taxi). Or couldn't you be staying at Crane and have a rental car and meet them at the Wharf?

Just suggestions (but don't bring any of the ship's towels with you). ;)

They have had problems in the past with cancellations, hence no cruise ship passengers, but I wouldn't let that deter me.

Couldn't you be staying with friends on the island?

And couldn't they drive you down to Carlisle Wharf at the appointed time? (15 minute walk, 5 minute taxi). Or couldn't you be staying at Crane and have a rental car and meet them at the Wharf?

Just suggestions (but don't bring any of the ship's towels with you). ;)

I know on the day we were with Cool Runnings there was to be 4 other people joining our group of 6 for transfer to the pier... they never showed!!

I think if they have problems then require payment upfront and then if you no show it's your loss!

I am glad we were able to enjoy a fantastic time with them before this came about! ANd I would definitely use them again!!!!

I also just sent them an email...we made reservations with them in January for our May cruise just to make sure we were booked with them. If it takes prepaying...I'll do it...when I get a response, I'll pass the info on.

Any one know about this?

Thanks!

I was there last week on Crown Princess and used Cool Runnings. I thought the snorkling was average, at best, but we had a great time. They didnt mention anything about no longer accepting cruise passengers.

Archived