Diamond or Coral??

Lohe

We have a choice of doing an Alaska cruise with either Diamond Princess or Coral Princess. Which would you recommend and why? Just FYI, we are very active retired people who travel a lot, although we have not been to Alaska yet. We appreciate good accommodations, good food and good service. We do not want lots of fun and games - the shore excursions will be our fun. Our cruise experience has been limited to small cruise ships in the Mediterranean. Thanks for helping differentiate these two ships.

We have a choice of doing an Alaska cruise with either Diamond Princess or Coral Princess. Which would you recommend and why? Just FYI, we are very active retired people who travel a lot, although we have not been to Alaska yet. We appreciate good accommodations, good food and good service. We do not want lots of fun and games - the shore excursions will be our fun. Our cruise experience has been limited to small cruise ships in the Mediterranean. Thanks for helping differentiate these two ships.

I have been on both the Diamond and the Coral and my preference is the Coral because of the amt. of passengers(1950) compared to the Diamond which has 2600. I have been on the Coral twice and will be on her again doing a B2B2B back to Alaska. The mini's are a good size, good and service I have not had a problem with.

Marilyn

Hands down I would vote for Coral. This is the perfect size ship with the perfect number of passengers. The crew is very very pleasant and the service was the best. In 10 cruises our cruise on the Coral to Alaska was our favorite.

I have only been on one cruise in my lifetime and that was Alaska southbound on the Coral Princess. I believe she is a little smaller than Diamond. Had such a great time on the Coral that we have booked the same cruise on her again this June! Different excursions this trip.. but we loved smaller ship.

I'll jump in and agree with most about the Coral being the choice ship for Alaska. Much more viewing areas both fore and aft of the ship. However, if you're not in a mini suite or above you will have the smallest showers of the Princess fleet.

I'll jump in and agree with most about the Coral being the choice ship for Alaska. Much more viewing areas both fore and aft of the ship. However, if you're not in a mini suite or above you will have the smallest showers of the Princess fleet.

You mean they can actually make the showers smaller than what is on the Grand ships? I cannot even begin to picture this one.

You mean they can actually make the showers smaller than what is on the Grand ships? I cannot even begin to picture this one.

You know, it doesn't matter which Princess ship I am on, that seems to have the smallest shower. I didn't realize the Coral class had a smaller shower but they all seem very small to me.

I've been on both ships also and much prefer the Coral. Not only is it smaller but from our experience, it is a happier ship. The staff and crew were much friendlier than on the Diamond. The Coral is a great ship and we hope to sail on her again some day, possibly the Panama Canal.

I'd say the Island Princess... (the Coral is the "ugly" twin sister of the Island............) But since you did limit the choice to the Diamond or the Coral, Do go with the Coral.

If I have said it once I have said it 100 times, the Island Princess may be the perfect cruise ship. Ok ok, so the same should be said for the Coral as well... :-)

Yeah,, the showers are a bit small, but if you want a larger shower use the ones in the spa. I just soap up the walls of the shower and kind of spin.. I come out all squeaky clean that way.

Archived