room layouts??

nseagirl

We are sailing on deck 6 of Sovereign in an oceanview. The layout on the RCI web site shows a sofa in the room. I don't think there is one. Why would they misrepresent the rooms that way??:confused:

Any cabin I have had on RCCL has had a sofa or a love seat in it. It depends on the size of the cabin. It also depends on whether you are in an adjoining cabin with a door to the cabin next to you. Then you get a smaller love seat.

They do not misrepresent the cabins. That picture is an example of what you might get in an RCCL Oceanview. Not always the exact same furniture and colors, etc. on all ships.

Your ship cabin looks too small for a sofa according to the 360 picture.

This is what it says under your cabin layout picture:

On Sovereign Of The Seas

Decoration, arrangement and certain furniture in our staterooms vary by ship. However, most of the basic amenities will be the same throughout a stateroom category.

There is a disclaimer on the website that the layout is representative of this category IN THE RC FLEET: "Decoration, arrangement and certain furniture in our staterooms vary by ship. However, most of the basic amenities will be the same throughout a stateroom category. "

But you are right: In the basic oceanview cabin on the Sovereign (categories I - F), there is no sofa in the cabin. There isn't even a chair besides the one pulled up to the vanity/desk. There's just one tiny little table in the corner.

Does anyone know if the promenade rooms on the Explorer have a loveseat or just a chair & the window seat?

small sofa/loveseat: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=0000ANL_SYEZK1PeOiXv3zQVxAO:12hbiodf7?shipCode=EX&cabincls=I&cabinType=TR&br=R&deckCode=07

I don't mean to whine, but why don't they just show them as they are??:(

You can see your cabin by going to the RCCL website and looking up your ship, deck and cabin. It is in 360 degree so you can see exactly what the cabin looks like. Not the layout that is an example. ;)

You can see your cabin by going to the RCCL website and looking up your ship, deck and cabin. It is in 360 degree so you can see exactly what the cabin looks like. Not the layout. ;)

Exactly. Here's the link: Look at the photo. It's as I described: No room for anything, not even a chair........http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=0000ANL_SYEZK1PeOiXv3zQVxAO:12hbiodf7?shipCode=SS&cabincls=O&cabinType=SO&br=R&deckCode=MR If you follow this link, check out the 360 degree tour that Alexis mentioned. You can even see the tiny table in the corner. :)

Exactly. Here's the link: Look at the photo. It's as I described: No room for anything, not even a chair........http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do;jsessionid=0000ANL_SYEZK1PeOiXv3zQVxAO:12hbiodf7?shipCode=SS&cabincls=O&cabinType=SO&br=R&deckCode=MR If you follow this link, check out the 360 degree tour that Alexis mentioned. You can even see the tiny table in the corner. :)

OT, but I hope your home has totally dried out by now and all is well. ;)

You can see your cabin by going to the RCCL website and looking up your ship, deck and cabin. It is in 360 degree so you can see exactly what the cabin looks like. Not the layout that is an example. ;)

I'm a little confused. I thought the pictures were, as others mentioned above, representative of what the room will look like. Is there a place where you can see pics from the actual stateroom?

I'm a little confused. I thought the pictures were, as others mentioned above, representative of what the room will look like. Is there a place where you can see pics from the actual stateroom?

If you follow that link that I posted, that picture REALLY is what an OV cabin on the Sovereign looks like.

If you want to see my photo (it's from the Monarch, but they are identical except for fabric) here it is:

The cabin is barely wider than the bed. Maybe a foot of clearance on the left.

2869317720077959744S500x500Q85.jpg

See how the right side is right up against the cabin wall?

2832082490077959744S500x500Q85.jpg

We are sailing on deck 6 of Sovereign in an oceanview. The layout on the RCI web site shows a sofa in the room. I don't think there is one. Why would they misrepresent the rooms that way??:confused:

You can see a couple of my pictures of two sovereign ocean view cabins if you follow the link in my signature...

If you follow that link that I posted, that picture REALLY is what an OV cabin on the Sovereign looks like.

If you want to see my photo (it's from the Monarch, but they are identical except for fabric) here it is:

The cabin is barely wider than the bed. Maybe a foot of clearance on the left.

Thanks for the pics. Wow! That is a small cabin! Is that representative of RCL's ocean view category? I know alot of people don't stay in their cabin long enough for it to matter, but I need at the very lease a seperate sitting area aside from the bed.

Thanks for the pics. Wow! That is a small cabin! Is that representative of RCL's ocean view category? I know alot of people don't stay in their cabin long enough for it to matter, but I need at the very lease a seperate sitting area aside from the bed.

cruiseout's pics are even better.

No, there is NO sitting area. You can sit on the bed; that's about it.

But it never bothered me, in three cruises in this size cabin.

Of course, I was the sole occupant. Well, mostly. :D

This is only on SOVEREIGN CLASS ships. Other ships' OV cabins are larger.

I just returned from sailing on the Soveriegn last week. We sailed in a Deck Six Oceanview F1. There was NO sofa bed. Barely room for the desk and chair. I saw no oceanview with a sofa bed. Even the rooms for 3 had a pillman and not a sofa.

Okay, has anyone that is doing all these posts actually stayed in an oceanview on Sovereign? I have stayed in an oceanview on deck 2 and I am fairly sure we had a love seat in there. I will have to og through my pics to see if it's in any of them.

2 times. Again 4/21/08.

We have a connecting room also but where is the door located to the other room?

If you take a look at my pics (link in signature), you will see pictures of two cabins. Those two had a door between them. When you look at the top bed with the queen bed, the door was at the end of the bed in the left side of the picture. On the next pic with the bunks, you can see a small part of the door along the right side of the picture.

Been in a Sovereign OV MANY times. There is no extra chair or loveseat. As mentioned, just the vanity chair, beds and small vanity. The cabin is VERY small but doable for just a few days. The secret – keep the room tidy and pack reasonably light. We bring a hanging pocket bag to store small items.

Enjoy

M

Been in a Sovereign OV MANY times. There is no extra chair or loveseat. As mentioned, just the vanity chair, beds and small vanity. The cabin is VERY small but doable for just a few days. The secret – keep the room tidy and pack reasonably light. We bring a hanging pocket bag to store small items.

Enjoy

M

Are the split beds still placed side by side? or are they a 90 % angles to each other?

Archived