Seabourn Passenger Ideas or Changes?

CruisinMatt

Since there seems to be quite a bit of slightly off topic discussion being started on other threads about ideas and/or changes we think would be nice on Seabourn, I thought I'd start a thread where we could discuss them!

Some comments as of late:

1 - Changing the venue of afternoon tea to the Club in order to help enforce a less casual dress code. I am for this as having guests come to tea in swimsuit coverups seems kind of slopply.

2 - Having the shears be opened in the Restaurant during lunch. I've also witnessed this and it makes a big difference in the overall "feel" of the room. Great idea!

Others??? :confused:

CruisinMatt.

Interesting!

What are shears?

I think they could improve the television programmes.

They could have much more informative documentary type films etc ( I know one can get dvd's from the library ) Too much news. Many British people do not enjoy your 'sanitised CNN ( no offence ). The news is very brash and 'over the top'. The BBC world service is excellent.

I suppose we could have more travel books in the library.

Generally very happy with Seabourn.

kind regards,

Tony

Tony

"Sheers" are the very thin transparent drapes between the heavier drapes in the dining room ~~these ivory/off white drapes are also in our suites. Opening the "sheers" makes a huge difference in the dining room ~~looks like a new restaurant!:D

Martita B.

Matt

As to a suggestion: I would like for Seabourn to place handi-wipe package's on the bottle water table (Deck 4) and also have these available at the Purser Desk. Sometimes we have the sanitizing machines by Security.....also, at times, we have the machines at the entrance to the dining room ~~by the elevator.

MB

Tony

"Sheers" are the very thin transparent drapes between the heavier drapes in the dining room ~~these ivory/off white drapes are also in our suites. Opening the "sheers" makes a huge difference in the dining room ~~looks like a new restaurant!:D

Martita B.

I prefer the sheers to stay closed. I don't like a bright dining room myself. But on the other hand I don't have lunch in the dining room that often, so if people rather have them open, it's alright with me (as if I would have anything to say about it!).

Have a nice weekend all! Hopefully not as windy as it is here!

Marja

Marja

The sheers are opened early in the morning ~~for breakfast and lunch only. In the evenings they are closed. We visited with Lucca as to how much trouble it is for the staff to open and close the sheers. He said, "not a problem at all......takes just a few minutes."

Of course on the TA Crossing's the sheers are never pulled back as "the motion of the ocean" might/could make a few seasick.

I've been aboard several times on Crossing's when the deck boy's placed the large heavy medal port coverings on the dining room port holes. When we see this we go immediately to our suites and start "battin' down our hatches." We realize that King Neptune is starting to begun unhappy.:confused:

Have a nice weekend:p

MB

Since there seems to be quite a bit of slightly off topic discussion being started on other threads about ideas and/or changes we think would be nice on Seabourn, I thought I'd start a thread where we could discuss them!

Some comments as of late:

1 - Changing the venue of afternoon tea to the Club in order to help enforce a less casual dress code. I am for this as having guests come to tea in swimsuit coverups seems kind of slopply.

2 - Having the shears be opened in the Restaurant during lunch. I've also witnessed this and it makes a big difference in the overall "feel" of the room. Great idea!

Others??? :confused:

While trying to get away from the massive shears or sheers discussion ( and it`s very interesting ) how about reducing smoking areas on board in line with UK and USA restrictions. No smoking in bars and restaurants. The Club :cool:

"Of course on the TA Crossing's the sheers are never pulled back as "the motion of the ocean" might/could make a few seasick.

This actually is not true for "most" individuals who tend to get motion sickness. To be in a "confined" space with no view of the outside horizon will tend to increase the motion sickness, not decrease it. So, a table or lounge chair with a view of the horizon (do not focus on the ship movement) is usually the most helpful. At least this has been my experience. On the other hand, I have never had motion sickness so am just postulating here.

Instead of two sheets of personalized stationery, I would like some business cards with my name on it and then, perhaps something with a clever 'Seabourn' saying. They can then be tucked into the room key holder.

I always leave my travel books in the library, along with others I have brought onboard. However, on the Pride, the DVDs were on the tippy top shelf and I couldn't read the titles, let alone reach one.

I would also like better movies on the two channels, however. There seemed to be too many zombie/horro/adolescent films this past cruise.

jschultz

I'm as lucky as well, ~~not being prone to seasickness, but according to Lucca, the Maitre'D and others discussing the "sheers being opened" during a Transatlantic Crossing, the sight of the big waves while dining is not a good idea!:eek:

I feel badly for those Sailor's that do suffer the ocean malady.

Martita B.

While trying to get away from the massive shears or sheers discussion ( and it`s very interesting ) how about reducing smoking areas on board in line with UK and USA restrictions. No smoking in bars and restaurants. The Club :cool:

Oh, please...not another "smoking" tangent"! :eek: ;)

Thanks to those who have let this go away.... There is no smoking in restaurants on board. Smoking at bars is limited. Yes, I would like to think that I'd be healthier if I didn't smoke, but please don't "force" me into it until I'm ready! ;)

Paul :)

We use to simply ask for the small white waffled Spa robes. Now that these robes have disappeared I take my own ~~surely would be nice if Seabourn would again have these available for the petite ladies.

Also our very soft blue sofa throws are disappearing ~~My Stewardess had to search the Legend for a "nap throw" for me.

Jane, the Pursers will make your business cards ~~I've not ask for them but I know they are happy to provide the cards for Guests.

Happy Sunday:p

MB

>"Jane, the Pursers will make your business cards ~~I've not ask for them but I know they are happy to provide the cards for Guests."

I know they will, but I hate to ask them for anything else, I am always calling them for something.

I have had the throws on the Pride, but they aren't the blue ones. Perhaps when the Legend goes to dry dock, new ones will show up with the new bedding.

I try not to distrub the Pursers as well ~~I take my own printed party invitations ~~sometimes even my personlized stationery.

I'm helping a friend host a dinner party during the Pride Crossing. He ask me to inquire and help him with his invitations~~ from the Purser Desk. Since he's only inviting 10 I guess I'll arrange them.

But I'm hesitant ~~~they certainly have enough to do!

MB

I thought that 'nap throw' was one of the nicest touches on Seabourn - would be a shame if they disappeared.

Interesting that, overall, there are not many 'suggestions' here...guess there's just not much room for improvement on Seabourn, eh? ;) (Though if I had to come up with something...I recall thinking that the dessert menu was a bit limited.)

I would suggest Seabourn add a "comfort food" main course selection on the menu. A different region's speciality each night maybe (England, west TX, Australia, New Orleans, Quebecker, Romania, etc.). I know ... this goes against the "fine dining" aspect ot the Restaurant, but it's still something SB might consider (probably over Charlie P's dead body:D ).

Archived