Seabourn Passenger Ideas or Changes?

CruisinMatt

Johnny

One day at lunch, in the Dining room, on the Jan. Legend cruise, most of the guests ordered Cheffy Adam's special macaroni and cheese! We all ordered it for our main course! Talk about delicious!!!

He had added tiny bits of ham in the dish ~~~hmmmm good!:D

Actually it was one of THE best dishes I had on the cruise.

MB

I would suggest Seabourn add a "comfort food" main course selection on the menu. A different region's speciality each night maybe (England, west TX, Australia, New Orleans, Quebecker, Romania, etc.). I know ... this goes against the "fine dining" aspect ot the Restaurant, but it's still something SB might consider (probably over Charlie P's dead body:D ).

Johnny,

I love this idea. (So will Granny:) ).

Steve.

Sorry Marja, I forgot Dutch/Flemish. In any case the maitre d' and chef could coordinate the choices based on the passengers' country of origin for a particular cruise.

Bring on the bread and hagelslag;) .

(My father's second wife was Dutch and as kids we experienced this Dutch treat on Sunday visits:) )

Steve.

Bring on the bread and hagelslag;) .

(My father's second wife was Dutch and as kids we experienced this Dutch treat on Sunday visits:) )

Steve.

Excellent spelling of "hagelslag" Steve! I used to eat it on my Brintapap (a kind of porridge) until I turned 18!

I guess you are already worried to miss your favorites on your 2 months upcoming Seabourn cruise? I'm sure they will prepare you all of them!

Marja

Excellent spelling of "hagelslag" Steve! I used to eat it on my Brintapap (a kind of porridge) until I turned 18!

I guess you are already worried to miss your favorites on your 2 months upcoming Seabourn cruise? I'm sure they will prepare you all of them!

Marja

Marja,

I must admit to looking up the spelling! But I can still hear my step-mother saying it, even after nearly 40 years have passed.

I absolutely love my food, and will eat just about anything. I also like to try new things. I tried sweetbreads for the first time on our last Crystal Cruise. I am so looking forward to all the wonderful food I'm sure we'll experience on board. It will also be nice to be able to repeat some of the favourites.

Sometimes towards the end of a cruise I feel like something very spicy, or something very plain. It's good to know the chefs can be accommodating. 8 weeks will be the longest cruise we've ever taken.

Cheers,

Steve.

You are right Eric!

I think we all got carried away again. One post leads to an answer and so on and so forth! Before we know it, we will be in BIG trouble again "Being off topic". People's worst nightmare. Every day when I wake up I think: Please give me the power not to be off topic today!

I hope I made you smile, because that's important.

My wish for Seabourn would be:

Leave the Sky Bar open until all guests have left. Both in the early evening, before dinner and late at night - weather permitting of course.

And secondly: Add another bartender to the Club at rush hours. I feel so sorry sometimes for the one who is there and has to keep everybody happy.

Everybody happy? I know........ this was not about food, but about DRINKS!

Marja

Marja, I totally agree about the Club service during peak hours. It seems like there are one too many when the place is dead and not enough when it's busy. It begs the question - Where is the bar manager??

Also, I have heard that there have been improvements entertainment-wise, but it seems like on the last few cruises, the band only knew 12 songs.

I noticed a big improvement in entertainment last September.

That's pretty impressive too Eric! So apart from the food issue that has been brought on, you're basically saying that the entertainment has improved. Or you were just lucky to have the best entertainment available when you were there at the time. It seems like we're already pretty satisfied with everything Seabourn provides. Of course sometimes we run into some inconveniences, but over all we are all happy.

Could anybody bring up a truly significant subject?

Marja

Matt

Pride goes to Athens from Lisbon in Oct. 2009 ~~Spirit comes over TA, Nov. 15, 2009 from Lisbon.

I've not talked to Missy A. lately so haven't a clue as to what she'll do in Jan. 2009. Will visit with her on the crossing.

MB

That's pretty impressive too Eric! So apart from the food issue that has been brought on, you're basically saying that the entertainment has improved. Or you were just lucky to have the best entertainment available when you were there at the time. It seems like we're already pretty satisfied with everything Seabourn provides. Of course sometimes we run into some inconveniences, but over all we are all happy.

Could anybody bring up a truly significant subject?

Marja

What about changing some of the Guests.

The staff tell me they are getting bored with the same old faces. :D

What about changing some of the Guests.

The staff tell me they are getting bored with the same old faces. :D

Let's hope it's a mere coincidence you quoted me to bring up THIS subject! The idea that some of the crew like me keeps me going.

Marja

>"The staff tell me they are getting bored with the same old faces..."

I have wondered that. When I approached the Pride in Valparaiso, I heard Felipe calling on the walkie-talkie that "Mrs Pond' is here. I was hoping that was a nice thing, unable to face the opposite.

After all, with returning cruisers, they do have fewer names/faces to learn. And we don't need a lot of orientation....

>"The staff tell me they are getting bored with the same old faces..."

I have wondered that. When I approached the Pride in Valparaiso, I heard Felipe calling on the walkie-talkie that "Mrs Pond' is here. I was hoping that was a nice thing, unable to face the opposite.

After all, with returning cruisers, they do have fewer names/faces to learn. And we don't need a lot of orientation....

Jane,

Felipe was just warning the Chef that you were aboard. :D

Martita, I understand that the Spirit has not docked in the USA in quite a while - do you have any idea what date that happens? I am too lazy to figure it out! :D

I have just booked the Spirit for the 11/2009 crossing, and it docks in FLL on Nov. 27th.

Mind you, I have yet to take my first SB sailing next February, and I've already booked a second; however, I found the quote for a solo on the 2009 TA was such that it simply could not be refused.:D

I'm very excited to have both cruises to look forward to.

I have just booked the Spirit for the 11/2009 crossing, and it docks in FLL on Nov. 27th.

Mind you, I have yet to take my first SB sailing next February, and I've already booked a second; however, I found the quote for a solo on the 2009 TA was such that it simply could not be refused.:D

I'm very excited to have both cruises to look forward to.

You have finished a sentence with a preposition. :eek:

Archived