Seabourn Passenger Ideas or Changes?

CruisinMatt

What about changing some of the Guests.

The staff tell me they are getting bored with the same old faces. :D

You may have misunderstood the staff; they may have been hinting that its time for some of the old passangers to spring for new faces. :eek: (Sorry for crashing the Seabourn board, but I couldn't resist. :D)

You have finished a sentence with a preposition. :eek:

"The doctrine that a preposition may not be used to end a sentence has become one of the most venerated maxims of schoolroom grammatical lore. However, English syntax allows and sometimes requires final placement of the preposition. Such placement is the only possible one in a sentence such as That depends on what you believe in.

Even sticklers for the traditional rule can have no grounds for criticizing sentences such as Where will she end up? or It's the most curious book I've ever run across." ;)

Oh my - I've gone off topic!:eek: My sentence shall be confinement to my suite upon embarkation (leave the champagne, please) . . . :D

improve the gym

more equipment, better lighting- can hardly see to read on treadmills

add bingo in the afternoon!

improve lighting in the rooms for makeup application, again can hardly see

regent has vanity mirror and lighting

I have just booked the Spirit for the 11/2009 crossing, and it docks in FLL on Nov. 27th.

Mind you, I have yet to take my first SB sailing next February, and I've already booked a second; however, I found the quote for a solo on the 2009 TA was such that it simply could not be refused.:D

Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to find single supplements under 150%?? I just today booked a solo cruise on 'another' 6 star line for an April 2008 crossing at - are you sitting down? - 110%. At that rate, I can't afford to stay home! :rolleyes:

I will miss the SB service, staff and passengers, which do not even come close to anything else I have cruised on to date, but it will be good to compare other ships since the price of traveling on SB solo is getting out of hand! And I will be back for the Oct 2008 crossing!

Oh to be at Sea,

I can think of a half-dozen regular sailors on this forum alone who travel as singles and enjoy the crossings - some of them plan two years in advance ... it could be that there is a lot of competition for those few suites which SB releases for the lower supplement. As one of them will tell you, several years ago half the suites were vacant but now the transatlantic cruises are popular. Coupled with a 50% off repeat customer rate (double occupancy), the transatlantic cruises offer a lot of cruise for the dollar (not to mention the passenger-provided shenanigans:p ).

In any case, I hope you find a cruise with the supplement you want but return to SB soon.

johnny

Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to find single supplements under 150%?? I just today booked a solo cruise on 'another' 6 star line for an April 2008 crossing at - are you sitting down? - 110%. At that rate, I can't afford to stay home! :rolleyes:

I will miss the SB service, staff and passengers, which do not even come close to anything else I have cruised on to date, but it will be good to compare other ships since the price of traveling on SB solo is getting out of hand! And I will be back for the Oct 2008 crossing!

There are a number of reasons for this very late offer ranging from slow sales, to over-capacity, numerous late cancellations, to a last minute cancellation with that rate being put back into inventory. And, of course, the infamous (but hopefully not) increasing the price so that the "deal" really isn't a deal.

Keep in mind that Seabourn's crossing have in recent years become very popular, but they remain less so on most lines.

Enjoy!

"The doctrine that a preposition may not be used to end a sentence has become one of the most venerated maxims of schoolroom grammatical lore. However, English syntax allows and sometimes requires final placement of the preposition. Such placement is the only possible one in a sentence such as That depends on what you believe in.

Even sticklers for the traditional rule can have no grounds for criticizing sentences such as Where will she end up? or It's the most curious book I've ever run across." ;)

Oh my - I've gone off topic!:eek: My sentence shall be confinement to my suite upon embarkation (leave the champagne, please) . . . :D

A preposition is a word that comes before a noun. To the farmhouse, with a basket, mother came from town. :p

We had a message on our answering machine claiming to be from the Yachts of Seabourn, contacting former guests. I googled the phone number the person left and it was for a market research and analysis firm in Georgia. If it is legit, maybe I'll call them back. Any of you get calls too?

Jackie

sad her next vacation is a land vacation :(

Archived