St. Petersburg Dock Location

ccpuff04

Does anyone know Regatta's dock in St. Petersburg for either the 13 Aug or 27 Aug 08 sailings? Does Oceania always dock at the English Embankment or have their been times when it was out in the shipyard away from town? Is there any way of finding out for sure where the ship will dock either of these dates? Thanks. Allen

• 2 months later...

Does Oceania always dock at the English Embankment or have their been times when it was out in the shipyard away from town

Oceania does not always dock at the English Embankment, but they always dock at the Center City docks on the Neva River. There are four or five possible berths, but they are all within half a mile of each other.

If you're concerned about a private guide finding the ship, just tell them "Oceania's Regatta" and the date. They WILL find you!

Oceania does not always dock at the English Embankment, but they always dock at the Center City docks on the Neva River. There are four or five possible berths, but they are all within half a mile of each other.

So if I understand correctly, the English Embankment is one of the Center City docks on the Neva? I'm curious because I am familiar with the english embankment, we parked there on a silversea cruise, but assumed we would be at a big industrial type dock this time. If we are near the Eng. emb. I will be very happy!

If we are near the Eng. emb. I will be very happy!

Merry-

Be HAPPY!

O uses the same berths in St. Petersburg as Silversea. It's just that you cannot count on getting the one at the English Embankment.

The Embankment berth is so close to the Hermitage that the Museum gets a say on when it it used (or, if it is used at all)

When we were there (3rd. 4th, 5th of July 2007), for example, Elton John was giving a concert in the courtyard of the Hermitage, and they left the Embankment vacant for the whole three days.

We docked directly across the (Neva) River, instead, but we were still close enough to hear the roar of the crowds (if you listened very carefully!).

Have a wonderful cruise-

What a nice surprise! That does it, we are getting visas and entering the strange world of St Pete on our own- for at least a block or two.

If you choose to get your own VISA

http://www.russianvisas.org/visa_information.htm

http://www.russianembassy.org/

current cost $131. USD plus any fees

Or pay a VISA service to get it for you.

enjoy

Archived