Organizing A Meet & Greet

LOWTYD

I am looking for some ideas for a meet and greet for about 70 people (adults and kids). I sent an email to the cruise coordinator but haven't heard back. I want ot make it easy but memorable. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Low Tide. Look up your sailing date on Cruise connections. The posters may have already organised one. Last week on our cruise it was organised by CC but nine days into the cruise ,So the posters organised one of their own the 2nd day by picking a lounge and telling CC members to wear Tropical shirts or Mardigra beads . There was a good turn out to both .& some great information given & exchanged.

Plan your own. SOmetimes when you go through the cruiselines it might cost some money.

We had a meet and greet for one hour in a public lounge with an open bar for 12 bucks pp.

I have learned- do not make your meet and greet for the first day. Many people will be travel weary and excited about being on the ship and wont make it to a meet on the first day-- they want to unpack and get ready for dinner etc.

IF you do need to make it the first day-- make it later like after the dinner times.

We now schedule meets for a few times during the week so if someone didnt make it to the first one they can make it to other ones. (like tea time on sea days)

Plan your own. SOmetimes when you go through the cruiselines it might cost some money.

We had a meet and greet for one hour in a public lounge with an open bar for 12 bucks pp.

I have learned- do not make your meet and greet for the first day. Many people will be travel weary and excited about being on the ship and wont make it to a meet on the first day-- they want to unpack and get ready for dinner etc.

IF you do need to make it the first day-- make it later like after the dinner times.

We now schedule meets for a few times during the week so if someone didnt make it to the first one they can make it to other ones. (like tea time on sea days)

NCL doesn't charge for Meet and Greets. The cruiseline will set up a time, usualy on the second day.

LOWTYD-Did you get an automated response from the ships coordinator? If not, email again.

I am looking for some ideas for a meet and greet for about 70 people (adults and kids). I sent an email to the cruise coordinator but haven't heard back. I want ot make it easy but memorable. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

DH & I have organized several CC meetings on NCL in the past. I start out by contacting NCL and asking for the ship coordinator.

Have always been contacting within 24-48 hours by the ship coordinator asking what we need in room size.

I give the ship coordinator an idea of how many people are on our roll call and an idea af about how many peole we can expect at our CC meeting.

Have always received a prompt answer as to the time and place of the CC meeting from the ship coordinator.

While NCL is not a sponsor of CC meet and greet meetings, it has been my experience that the cruise line does try to make our CC meetings very memorable by providing a space and time for the meeting and by inviting ship officers to the meeting when time allows.

As a coordinator of those meetings onboard, I have tried to make something extra special for those meetings by inviting CC members to bring a grab bag to the meetings of something representative of their hometown or home state that they can share with others.

Any CC members who bring a grab bag to the meeting get a numbered raffle ticket. During the meeting we draw raffle tickets from a bag and the person holding the ticket number gets to chose a grab bag from the pile. Person selecting the grab bag then introduces themself to others with a bit of info about themself and then draws the next ticket for the next person who will pick a grab bag, introduce themself and pick the next ticket.

Has always been a great way to get to know each other on the ship and helps us identify other CC members on the ship as we sail together on a big ship with several hundred pax we've never seen, met or talked to before.

Dianne

My cruise coordinator got in touch with me and we have a place and time. I also have some help from other members of our Roll Call so I'm not doing it alone. We have some ideas for give aways and name tags.

Simple but festive!

Archived