How does someone pick you up from Bayonne, NJ Port

nikkin

Hi.. My sister and I will be crusing, and my husband will take us, and pick us up.. I am not worried about taking us. I think from what I read we get a bus in parking lot area to ship? How does my husband pick us up? I have only cruised out of NYC, and we have that one down well. Thank you for any help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE]

"Come here often" ;)

Sorry, just needed a giggle this morning. Our first experience at NJ is next month so I can't be of any real help.

Is Cape Liberty different than from Bayonne, NJ Port ? I am totally confused. I leave from Cape Liberty.. If anyone can help with drop offs.. how to .. thanks

its the same. Drop offs are easy you drive up unload your luggage and the passengers and wave goodbye....

BTW instead of "help" for your tittle it would be helpful if you gave us a clue where your were asking help about.....

Like "Help- Bayonne and Port liberty--the same place?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE]

"Come here often" ;)

Sorry, just needed a giggle this morning. Our first experience at NJ is next month so I can't be of any real help.

You beat me to it. :)

He will pick you up at the exact spot where he drops you off. Depending on how far away you are from the port, I would suggest calling him from the ship when they start calling colors. Call again once your color has been called - it should take about 1/2 hour from that point to actually get off the ship, get on a shuttle to the terminal, collect your luggage and go through customs.

Finally, call when you are actually outside to give your exact location. There will be nowhere for him to park and wait, so he will have to keep circling until you are outside. We do this with the car service we hire to pick us up and it works out well. Don't know what we did before cell phones, though!

Call him and let him know you are getting off the ship when your color is called. There is a place for limo drivers to wait outside the terminal area. He can wait there with them. When you get through customs go stand at a dock look at the dock number and call him to tell him what dock number you are at.

"Come here often" ;)

LOL ... I must be getting old ... it took me until MakinGold replied to get that :p

Just wanted to add that if your DH is not able to wait w/ the limo drivers ... there's also a place to stop & wait w/ the car instead of circling (just like the airport). Come all the way into the port area passing the ship on your left, there are a bunch of long bldgs on your left BEFORE you turn left into the DO/PU area. I see a lot of people "waiting" here w/ their cars parked along the long bldgs. If you're DH comes into the DO/PU area, he can just go back out and wait there as well.

It's a lot easier than all this sounds ... and even w/o directions, he should be able to figure it out when he gets there. Also, if he gets there too early ... there's a shopping area (w/ food too) on the same road (Rte 440)as the port entrance.

Archived