Pre-Reserving Shore Excursions

custompcsys

Hi Fellow CCers! :)

I'm booked on the Crown for a 6/29 Baltic itinerary. With the other 4 Princess cruises I've been on, the shore excursions normally came up in my personalizer for pre-reservations about 120 days prior to departure - usually even a few days before. This time, however, they are still showing as "not available" in the personalizer and we are at 117 days.

I realize the 120 days prior isn't a guarantee, but based on my past experience its been pretty much on the mark. Have other people had the experience where 120 days prior comes and they are not open for pre-reserving?

Thanks folks! :)

Hi Fellow CCers! :)

I'm booked on the Crown for a 6/29 Baltic itinerary. With the other 4 Princess cruises I've been on, the shore excursions normally came up in my personalizer for pre-reservations about 120 days prior to departure - usually even a few days before. This time, however, they are still showing as "not available" in the personalizer and we are at 117 days.

I realize the 120 days prior isn't a guarantee, but based on my past experience its been pretty much on the mark. Have other people had the experience where 120 days prior comes and they are not open for pre-reserving?

Thanks folks! :)

We are on the May 5 Crown TA/Baltic 25 day cruise and we were not able to book our excursions until Feb 20th. This cruise is a combination 15 + 10 day cruise and after both of those were released (the 10 day May 20 was released on Feb 20th) I had to call Princess to have ours released.

Princess had problems getting commitments from the tour operators. I would image it all had to do with the falling dollar. It was interesting that not all of the excursions went up in price and some actually went down from the 2007 prices.

Yesterday we received our pre-cruise documents with a letter saying the shore excursion book for the Baltic part of the cruise would have to be mailed later as it wasn't available at that time. They said to go on the Cruise Personalizer to book.

Hope this gives you some idea as to when you might expect to see yours. If you call Princess they will most likely tell you before 60 days.

On our last Princess cruise we had to wait 60-70 days out. so just keep on looking at your personalizer. As Chrysalis said they might be waiting for vendor contract.

marilyn

I'm booked on Oct 17, 2008 Grand Princess in the Med.

When I went to the Personalizer to look at booking excursions, it

has in small print "not available until 75 days prior to sailing".

I took that to mean you can't book the tours until after final payment.

I'm booked on Oct 17, 2008 Grand Princess in the Med.

When I went to the Personalizer to look at booking excursions, it

has in small print "not available until 75 days prior to sailing".

I took that to mean you can't book the tours until after final payment.

This is what the Cruise Personalizer usually says "** Pre-reservations can often be made as early as 120 days prior to departure"

You've been lucky if your excursions have pretty much always been available 120 days before sailing. More often, it's between 70 - 90 days. Sometimes they show the excursions before they open with pricing so keep that in mind. Just keep checking.

Archived