Switching to My Time Dining after boarding?

Does anyone have any experience switching to My Time Dining after they were on board the ship?

Was it already full or was there plenty of space?

As soon as you were on board did you go to the Maitre'D or straight to the Guest Relations Desk to prepay your gratuities?

Long story short, we may not be making a dining decision until after we are on board.

Thanks,

I believe the only ship to offer My Time Dining is the Freedom.. but from past experience it usually isn't a problem changing your dining time once you get onboard.. early to late or vise versa or cancel your dining room seat all together...that's what we plan on doing in May on the AOS. We plan to eat in Portofino a couple nights & the Windjammer or Room Service the rest of the time.

Does anyone have any experience switching to My Time Dining after they were on board the ship?

Was it already full or was there plenty of space?

As soon as you were on board did you go to the Maitre'D or straight to the Guest Relations Desk to prepay your gratuities?

Long story short, we may not be making a dining decision until after we are on board.

Thanks,

Lori, as far as I have been able to read on this board, only ONE person has reported on that here.

That one person said that My Time Dining was NOT fully subscribed on their cruise, so people were still being asked when they boarded if they wanted to switch into it. They had to pre-pay their gratuities (put them on their SeaPass) then, but then they could join My Time Dining.

Here's the link to the RC webpage describing the program, the requirements, and the ships and dates that have it:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating&topic=email&subTopic=openseatSerenade&requestor=arn

Lori, as far as I have been able to read on this board, only ONE person has reported on that here.

That one person said that My Time Dining was NOT fully subscribed on their cruise, so people were still being asked when they boarded if they wanted to switch into it. They had to pre-pay their gratuities (put them on their SeaPass) then, but then they could join My Time Dining.

Here's the link to the RC webpage describing the program, the requirements, and the ships and dates that have it:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating&topic=email&subTopic=openseatSerenade&requestor=arn

Hey thanks! At least there is one reference on CC to the "reality" of what might take place once we are on the ship.:)

Thanks for the link but we already have received and have read all of the "official" descriptions, etc. As I'm sure you know the Serenade for our upcoming trip will be offering My Time Dining.

Like I said we were hoping a few more people who have been there (My Time) might be able to share their experience in a like situation.

R

Hey thanks! At least there is one reference on CC to the "reality" of what might take place once we are on the ship.:)

Thanks for the link but we already have received and have read all of the "official" descriptions, etc. As I'm sure you know the Serenade for our upcoming trip will be offering My Time Dining.

Like I said we were hoping a few more people who have been there (My Time) might be able to share their experience in a like situation.

R

Apparently it hasn't been popular with Cruise Critics! ;) :D

It will be interesting to see what folks' experiences will be with this on RCI. We did Anytime Dining on our 2 cruises with Princess. The 1st was our Alaskan trip where we ate with a couple we met on the train & ended up reserving the table we had the 1st night on the ship for each night due to a fabulous waiter. On our 2nd cruise, we just took whatever table we got each night -- met some interesting people but felt that the service was VERY lackluster. Wondered if it was because the waiters knew that they wouldn't get any extra tips at the end of the cruise? (BTW, on the 1st cruise, we did give our waiter & asst an additional tip). This is one reason we're trying Royal Carrib again (1st cruise was 8+ years ago).

Archived