What night for this dress?

sondrad

I think it could work for either, depending on how you "dress it up"! If you have a semi-formal night, that's where I'd wear it. I like to do something really "eveningwear" for the formal nights--either a long gown or a "sparklier" cocktail dress.

Jewelry and hot heels will do that dress a world of good!

I see you're sailing on Millenium. It was my experience that X was more formal than Royal Caribbean, so your dress would fit in beautifully on informal night.

Are you sailing to Alaska? I keep reading that people dress less formally on Alaskan cruises, and they are certainly more casual on shorter cruises. So you could probably wear it for either night, and just alter the jewellery, hose and shoes to fit the theme for the evening.

It looks like a lovely and sexy cocktail dress to me. Celebrity does not allow cocktail dresses on formal nights?

Oh yes, X allows cocktail dresses. I don't wear long gowns, but prefer cocktail dresses or black crepe dressy pants with fancy tops. I think it would be fine for formal night! The variety you see on formal night is amazing.

Charly Krupp, fashion advisor on the Today Show and Oprah, plus various magazines, etc., says in her new best seller "How Not to Look Old" that these days unless the occasion is "full-out formal" (such as a presidential inaguration?), you do not need to wear a full length gown. She says any length from knee to ankle is correct now. She does caution that a low calf length can look frumpy. Her book shows various celebrities in very dressy clothing. Few are in full length gowns.

Krupp's book is written for the over-forty set and has advice for avoiding a look she calls OL (Old Lady) and adopting the look she calls Y&H, (Young and Hip). Being an Old Lady myself I had to buy it.

Girl, you are beautiful in this dress. If it would fit me, I would buy it also.

You can wear this for formal night, so many of the lines have their guidelines, but really it turns in to suggestions. I have seen the scale from top to bottom on many formal nights, on many different lines.

Wear this dress, definitely, wear some sparkly shoes, and jewels. You will pop when you walk into the room! You are pretty and the dress looks comfortable! Go for it!;)

Since Celebrity has casual, informal and formal, I would think the dress most appropriate for one of the informal evenings.

That is exactly when I would wear it though it would also work on a formal night if it is more the OP's style.

Archived