Billsrobb Conquest review 2-24-3-2-08

billsrobb

This is my story about a Conquest cruise that started out good and ended sad as I came down with a miserable cold and still have it. My journey began at 6:30am on a Saturday morning when I boarded a Southwest flight from Phoenix to Houston. My Cousin Dan picked me up at Hobby and we proceeded to a Spec's liquor store to pick up wine for the cruise. We arrived in Galveston and checked in to Beachcomber' motel. This was a nice clean place to stay. I then called Machman to tell him to let our CRAZIES team know that I would be at the SPOT web cam sight and went there and had a couple brewski's. Then went to eat and back to the hotel where I met up with some roll call board friends. It was cold but we had fun. Sunday morning got up and went to see the Conquest arrive and got there just in time to see her arrive. Waved to the Web cam at Harbor House. It was great to see the Conquest do her 360 degree dance and then dock. Good thing I was not driving the ship. Went back to the motel to eat and then pack up. We took a taxi to the pier arrived about 10:45am. We were allowed to go to the front of the line due to back problems. We sat till about 11:30 when we were allowed to board after the wedding parties and platinum guests. We got on board and went to put our carry on in the cabin as we were on the lido deck. Called Machman and let him know that we were finally on board and had a dod and doh in my hand. Checked with the matri D and got a table switch from a booth to a 8 person table. I did not go to the welcome aboard show as I had already done that. I went to the pursers office an nothing for me. Our luggage arrived about 4pm and did the usual unpacking. Spent every night at either Deagus or Vincents. Went to the Blue's bar to see the piano man but he was not very good. No where as good as the last guy there Damien Brill. Spent Monday wondering around the ship. We had our roll call meet and greet which was really a fun time. Met some nice cool people too. Monday was first formal night so I went to the Captain's party and met Mark Price. I asked him where Capt Crazy was and he promised to deliver him to my room. Well I never got him till Saturday morning. Tuesday was past guest party which was a blast. Got pictures of the Captain with machbird.

Tuesday night I ate at the Pointe restaurant which is an experience that everyone should do. I had the 24 oz porterhouse steak that melt in my mouth. Service was excellent. Could not ask for anything better. Wednesday was Jamaica. Did not make it to Sunset Beach nor margaritaville. Just roamed around the shopping area and the ship. Thursday I came down with my cold. The ship did not tender downtown and had to take a taxi to get to the dutry free shopping area. Got my supply of liquor and then went to Margaritaville. Had fun there and went back to the ship. Friday was Cozumel and walked around downtown. Was not feeling good and went back to the ship. Saturday was sea day packed and finally got Capt Crazie. Had farewell dinner with table mates. Went to the clubs and finally to bed. Inspite of my cold I had a great time on the Conquest. I had previously been on the Conquest but mot since 9-06 so when I came back on board I felt like I was coming back home. The Conquest is one gorgeous lady and I can't wait till Sept 20, 2009 when I will be back on her for the CRAZIE cruise.

Robb

Poster-In-chief

Chief...

Thank you for the review... Sounds like you had fun... but got a bug!! Take care sweet Chief!!

Glad to hear most of the voyage was fun! You sounded busy with lots to do. Please post you pictures as soon as you're up to it!!!

Cap'n CRAZY is one of our Mascots for the CRAZIES cruise... MachScot Machbird is the other... The Cap'n is a stuffed, peg-legged Pirate and MachScot Machbird is a Margaritaville mustached parrot that resembles our Commander in Chief Host Mach. They are traveling with the CRAZIES around the world, until our September 2009 cruise.

3RJS.04.06.jpg

I ordered this from Margaritaville.com, and this was his first cruise! He will be traveling with ME to London this summer!:D I shipped him to Robb, who took him on his first cruise, and I'm not sure where he is going next?:confused: :D

Thanks for the review. It just makes me want to be on the Conquest that much more. Sorry that you got a cold onboard. it's hard to have fun when you're feeling bad, but it sounds like you tried.

Well, there it is!

Great job, Robb!!!

I'd with ya' on the Pointe!! That Porterhouse is AMAZING!!!

I think that most of us Crazies will sail on the Conquest at least once more before our Crusin' With the Crazies in September of 09!! Everyone will get a chance to fall in love with her!!

For you folks who aren't familiar with us we have an Official Cruise Critic group cruise sailing on the Conquest Sep. 20, 2009! The thread where you can always find the Crazies is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=700873

Stop on by!!!

:D

Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. I'm glad you had a good time, I can't wait to sail on Conquest myself. Sorry you're having such a hard time with the cold and hope you're all better soon.

Terri

I am glad I am not the only one that thought the piano guy wasn't that good. I actually thought I had discovered where Herb Tarlick ended up!!

LOL, I always wondered what happened to Herb, didn't know if he stayed in Cincinnati, or moved on.

For those of you who expressed your concern regarding billsrobb (aka Da Cuz), I spoke with him earlier this morning and he's feeling much better and just about over his cold. The amazing thing was me not catching his cold while sharing the cabin with him! Maybe it had something to do with the amount of beer, rum and wine I drank and the germs not having a chance! Not much more that I can add to what my cousin stated in that my 3rd sailing on the Conquest was indeed a very good vacation with no major complaints. First time for me to eat at The Point and well worth the $30 and my 24 oz. Porterhouse was prepared to perfection too. I had such a goodtime, that I've already booked a 4-night sailing next month on CCL's Fantasy; which will make it #9 for me and one away from going Platinum!

Back on the Conquest Again! That's awesome! I've been once since we met back in Sept. 06? Hubby and I went in May, we will be going again next June to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary! Hope all is well with you!!

Heather

Heather How good to hear from you. Glad that you went again. No Damian but what ya going to do. I will be back on the Conquest again for the Crazie cruise. You ought to go too. Check out the Crazie's Sept 20 sailing of the Conquest.

Robb

AKA NORM

For those of you who expressed your concern regarding billsrobb (aka Da Cuz), I spoke with him earlier this morning and he's feeling much better and just about over his cold. The amazing thing was me not catching his cold while sharing the cabin with him! Maybe it had something to do with the amount of beer, rum and wine I drank and the germs not having a chance! Not much more that I can add to what my cousin stated in that my 3rd sailing on the Conquest was indeed a very good vacation with no major complaints. First time for me to eat at The Point and well worth the $30 and my 24 oz. Porterhouse was prepared to perfection too. I had such a goodtime, that I've already booked a 4-night sailing next month on CCL's Fantasy; which will make it #9 for me and one away from going Platinum!

Yeah that was my Cousin from Houston area. He is a good guy to cruise with. He is single by the way.

Robb

Archived