Ashford train station to Dover Port

Hi evryone; I am trying to get information on taxi's from Ashford to Dover. All the telephone numbers I call say they are not in service. I tried a private car, but they want 145 euros. I think it would be much easier for us to take a taxi with our luggage. Can anyone tell me the phone number of the Ashford International train station, so I can call them to see if there our taxis for hire at the station. I know a train would be the least exspensive, but we wanted something easier. Thank you Donna bojangs@aol.com

Hi Bojangles,

The train for Dover (Dover Priory) leaves from Ashford International Station! It's NOT a huge station - only a few platforms and it would be a much cheaper option to take a train - quicker as well - and pick up a taxi to the Port - only half a mile!. Can anyone help with the number of Ashford International Station?

Sorry I don't know the International Code from the US!
Dial the international access code in your country (if you're calling from the US it's 011, if you're calling from the EU it's 00).

Then the country code of the destination country (44 for the UK).

Then the area code without the leading zero if one appears (ie 1233 for Ashford).

Then the number.

There will definately be taxis at the station and in a way this will be as easy as a train, because the train from Ashford to Dover does not go to the port so you would have to get a taxi anyway. I would guess Ashford to Dover will be about £30 -£40. Heres a link to loads of taxi firms in the area. http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=ashford+dover+taxi&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB

Simon

I have the same dilemma in reverse. Want to get to Ahford from Dover when we dock . Just do't want to stand in a long line and tehn find out there aren't enough taxis .

I think someone helped me out awhile ago and said there are lots of taxis available and the rates are set.

For either Bojangles or us - is it easier to just get in a cab or pre-book one?

Archived