Adults only pool on QM2

paul1959

Just making final plans here for march 10 voyage. We're taking our two kids and were having fun showing them the deck plans. What pools are adults only? I could not find it marked.

The only pool that I did not see children in was the T-pool in the Spa. The families seemed to just go wherever they were comfortable.Many adults were on the childrens deck with their children.

the ship seemed very child friendly!

The only pool that I did not see children in was the T-pool in the Spa. The families seemed to just go wherever they were comfortable.Many adults were on the childrens deck with their children.

the ship seemed very child friendly!

Like I said, 8 deck. Please send an expert to correct me in case I am hallucinating reading the signs (oh, sorry, all the experts have left)...now whether everyone followed the requested set-up, that's another question...

(oh, sorry, all the experts have left)

Well, not all :cool:...just stopped by for only a sec...but I do think that all of the deck pools are open for children. Open for correction...:o.

Well, not all :cool:...just stopped by for only a sec...but I do think that all of the deck pools are open for children. Open for correction...:o.

See? I was perhaps hallucinating, or maybe it was just my lucky day! (no offense meant, but just believe that one pool should be adults only - so go ahead, flame me!)

Signs are meaningless unless enforced. Like the signs that say unaccompanied minors under 16 can't go in the hot tubs or you cannot reserve lounge chairs at the pool which was happening all the time. I also remember children in the deck 8 pool with lots of QM2 staff looking on...I do not remember a no children's sign but I wasn't looking for one.

Signs are meaningless unless enforced. Like the signs that say unaccompanied minors under 16 can't go in the hot tubs or you cannot reserve lounge chairs at the pool which was happening all the time. I also remember children in the deck 8 pool with lots of QM2 staff looking on...I do not remember a no children's sign but I wasn't looking for one.

Thought that at least on a Cunard Cruise i wouldn have to get up at the crack of dawn to put a towel on a lounger....now shall i pack the union jack one :rolleyes: (should have gone for a balcony and hung it over the side :D )

Brian

The 'adults only' pool rules are not enforced; neither are the 'Queens Grill Passengers only' rules enforced on the Queens Grill sun deck.

Really? I have some friends who might be disturbed by the latter and take matters into their own hands.

And Brian, you should not have any trouble finding a comfortable deck chair. Not much "chair hogging" that I have seen (albeit only one voyage on the QM2). If this does become an issue, you can always request a deck steward find you something, and if towels with no personal effects have been left for say 20 minutes, just move it yourself and feign ignorance if anyone confronts you ("must have been moved by the stewards...")

I called Cunard, and apparently the only pool which is adults only, is the Canyon Ranch spa pool.

So, Seamates...start taking those antipsychotropic Meds! Hallucinations could also be considered visions, which would make you a visionary...if that's any consolation! or on the other hand....delusional...:rolleyes:

I called Cunard, and apparently the only pool which is adults only, is the Canyon Ranch spa pool.

So, Seamates...start taking those antipsychotropic Meds! Hallucinations could also be considered visions, which would make you a visionary...if that's any consolation! or on the other hand....delusional...:rolleyes:

Yes, you are quite right! I am totally delusional, but not prone to hallunication. On the other hand, your helpful "facts" have jogged my memory (also going, addled as they say!) and it is the aft pool on the Noordam that is adults only, and I must have mixed January memories with those from February. Then again, had a lot of drinking to do in the four days in February, lest my bar bill come in lower than my cabin fare!

Hi Seamates, Do not despair! I too saw a sign at the pool on deck 8 saying no children allowed when I took the QM2 in November. I personally did honor this request and did not take my son there. I cannot say if others do or if it is enforced. Either you are not delusional or we are both deslusional. Or, more likely, they have taken the sign down.

To the original poster, there is children's pool on deck 6, along with a play area and water guns! My three-year old son and I used that a lot as did the other families on board. We also used the indoor pool on deck 11 a couple times--it is wonderful place to go in the evenings--there was practically no one else there.

Enjoy your cruise!

Ginger

Our son, 14, would rather jump overboard than do the kiddie pool. Our 7 year old girl is a strong swimmer and will certainly enjoy the little pool quite a bit, especially since we plan on taking advantage of the child care there. But she will want to really swim sometimes. Of course, if there are rules, we'll certainly abide by them. We'll use the Pavillion pool and hope there is sun. After this New York gray winter, we need it!

As of last month there were definitely signs and notices (plural!) indicating that the Deck 8 pool was Adults Only. There were, however, children in pool. That didn't bother me. As for deck chairs, however, hogging was major problem on the sea days. Many people seemed to go away for several hours and leave a book or hat or something else to 'keep' their chair. This is most inconsiderate. If you didn't have a chair by 9:30 am it was touch and go whether you would ever find one! As for Deck Attendants who might help, the only time I ever saw Deck Attendants was late afternoon when they put the chair pads away for the night. Should you have a deck chair in the afternoon, they do come around with a cart at tea time and serve tea. Utterly delightful!

Hi Seamates, Do not despair! I too saw a sign at the pool on deck 8 saying no children allowed when I took the QM2 in November.

Ginger

Proving once again that Cunard shoreside do not know what actually goes on aboard the ship (as per paul1959's call, see above) and potentially explaining why some chose not to honor the sign, after having been informed differently (although that would seem a strange excuse, "Yes, well they said it was perfectly safe to dive into this particular pool, even though the sign on the deck ledge said Depth 3-feet NO DIVING!"). But thanks for restoring my faith in both my eyes and my memory! That, or we are both suffering from the same malady!

(P.S., the Pavilion pool up on 12 is great.)

This is most inconsiderate. If you didn't have a chair by 9:30 am it was touch and go whether you would ever find one! !

Yes, because QM2 is not designed for hot regions cruising. Proper cruise ships have more deck space and better outdoor pools. If you take a Carribean cruise on her you have to accept the compromise.

David.

Yes, because QM2 is not designed for hot regions cruising. Proper cruise ships have more deck space and better outdoor pools. If you take a Carribean cruise on her you have to accept the compromise.

Opinions and experiences vary.

I found the deck space on the Queen Mary 2 not only sufficient but really generous. The vast space on the top deck seemed even to be quite empty.

In contrast to other ships the promenade deck is also fully useable for sunbathing and seawatching and of course equiped with lounge chairs.

Furthermore I personally prefer the QM2's (and of course QE2's and every other classic ship's) outdoor pools with seaview on the aft decks over any of these enclosed pool cages on top of most cruise ships.

I have never had a problem with deck chairs because I just move the towel off the chair not in use . I never worry due to the inconsideration of the person that has left it on in the first place.

Hi,

not good for me then I like an adults only pool. I'm a teacher and know what little children do in the pool! Not that travelling with children bothers me just this one issue.

Never mind you can't have everything I guess,

Teresa

This reminds me of visiting my in-laws in florida and seeing the fascinating retiree phenomenon of the seniors simply standing in the condo swimming pool. There would be a group people who would spend hours in the pool. They would talk and wander around, but never get out. Our son, 5 at the time, asked why they never swam. My mother-in-law said that she did not swim in the condo pool at all. She said "All those men have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes on dry land. I know exactly how they manage to last in the pool for hours!" We still laugh about it to this day. She is right.

This reminds me of visiting my in-laws in florida and seeing the fascinating retiree phenomenon of the seniors simply standing in the condo swimming pool. There would be a group people who would spend hours in the pool. They would talk and wander around, but never get out. Our son, 5 at the time, asked why they never swam. My mother-in-law said that she did not swim in the condo pool at all. She said "All those men have to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes on dry land. I know exactly how they manage to last in the pool for hours!" We still laugh about it to this day. She is right.

Same for those pools with swim up bars with seats in the pool..a few years ago i was on holiday when the owners poured what they said was an ingrediant that made the water change colour if you urinated...first time i saw people get out of the pool to go to the toilet...didnt last long as he let the secret out.....it was only plain water :)

Brian

Same for those pools with swim up bars with seats in the pool..a few years ago i was on holiday when the owners poured what they said was an ingrediant that made the water change colour if you urinated...first time i saw people get out of the pool to go to the toilet...didnt last long as he let the secret out.....it was only plain water :)

Brian

Speaking of water, shouldn't you be leaving soon to fly across it??? Safe trip and bon voyage!

Archived