What top for this skirt?

Ryffian

I need some advice from the fashion gurus.

What top should I find to wear with this skirt? I'm a size 16, so nothing too skimpy!! I was thinking that a something red would be fun, but all I can seem to find are plain t-shirt like things. The skirt is polyester and spandex (93%/7%) so it's nice and "flowey." Help? :rolleyes:

skirt001.jpg?t=1204918488

0900631b81393a5aM.tif?op_usm=1.5,.8,0,0&resmode=sharp&hei=250&wid=250

skirt001.jpg?t=1204918488

I really like what FloridaLaura found..that is what I was going to go look for as well. ...a wrap red top!:D

Great find!!

If you are a plus size this will slim you in the waist ( wrap do that well) and the longer sleeve will offer warmth that is often needed in the frozen tundra of the public areas.

Dress this up with some sparkly jewelry and you have a great outfit!

Shirt by Cruiser429

380723_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=273&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

Beautiful color but be really careful with something like this.....

Depending on your face shape, the rounded neckline can make one look heavy.

Plus, all that gathering in the front there going straight down, and then that band hitting at most peopl's widest part?

Combination for disaster!

Now...if it had ruching going the other way...different story.

It is all in the illusion of the cut and fabric with the way it lays on the body.;)

This will more likely add weight visually, sorry.:(

Nice suggestion, though.

I agree with the wrap.

However, is your problem area your top or bottom?

If it is your top, go with either a red or navy wrap. If your bottom is bigger go with a white wrap.

Is that navy or black!?

I swear my computer screen/monitor is acting up lately.....:eek:

( Blue Herons....That dress by Rami that Jane loved? It totally looked brown on my screen until I looked at it on tv, then it was green!:rolleyes: Time to go shopping!)

I LOVE knot front shirts like this:

http://www.sz-wholesale.com/uploadFiles/060518153110s.jpg

Daisy Fuentes does a lot of knot front shirts, I get my DF stuff at Kohl's, very well priced. I have these in long sleeve, short sleeve and no sleeve in all colors for all seasons. They really make your curves stand out and minimize the ones you may want to hide!

I agree with the wrap.

However, is your problem area your top or bottom?

If it is your top, go with either a red or navy wrap. If your bottom is bigger go with a white wrap.

Totally agree!

I think the wrap top is nice. I think the other two options are too blousy and with the full skirt would only make the wearer look heavy, short and frumpy.

If you're smaller on top, go with a white wrap in either a knit or a woven, but it should be body hugging.

If you're top heavy, then do navy or red, and just make sure there's not too much fabric in the skirt. If there is, take it in a few inches.

Archived