Bunk beds 'a' plenty

Just booked a cabin for hubby and I. We're on the upper deck of the Imagination. Our cabin has two "uppers". I am told that this means two bunk beds that can be pulled out of the walls. We will not be using these. Anyone know if they will annoy us in any way, like poking out, looking ghastly or other nuisances.

Just booked a cabin for hubby and I. We're on the upper deck of the Imagination. Our cabin has two "uppers". I am told that this means two bunk beds that can be pulled out of the walls. We will not be using these. Anyone know if they will annoy us in any way, like poking out, looking ghastly or other nuisances.

Nope, they will be out of sight and out of mind.

• 10 months later...

I'm resurecting an old thread to ask some more questions about 2 uppers, specifically on Carnival Fantasy ships...

Is there a reason why these are always the last to be booked?

Do they fit completely in the wall so it's flat if you don't use them?

Can you still put the 2 floor beds together to make one big bed? and do you have to request this ahead of time?

You can still move the twins together. You will see the upper beds or where, but unless you have one broke (like we did on the SOV), they will be fine. We had one upper on the Conquest, and all you could see was a square on the ceiling where it would have come down.

Im not sure what you mean about quads being the last to be booked as it isn't true to my knowledge. Often quads are hard to get. Guarantees often are assigned first for quads and then later for folks who only need two beds.

You can still move the twins together. You will see the upper beds or where, but unless you have one broke (like we did on the SOV), they will be fine. We had one upper on the Conquest, and all you could see was a square on the ceiling where it would have come down.

Im not sure what you mean about quads being the last to be booked as it isn't true to my knowledge. Often quads are hard to get. Guarantees often are assigned first for quads and then later for folks who only need two beds.

Thanks! If I select the cruise we're taking on the website, it give a list of cabins available in each room category and they all have left is 2 uppers. I saw the same thing on 2 other cruises I was checking on before I booked. I thought rooms like that would be gone very early on so it made me wonder if they were undesirable.

Thanks! If I select the cruise we're taking on the website, it give a list of cabins available in each room category and they all have left is 2 uppers. I saw the same thing on 2 other cruises I was checking on before I booked. I thought rooms like that would be gone very early on so it made me wonder if they were undesirable.

It must have been too early when I was typing. I was trying to type you can see WHERE they are, i.e. there is a outline where it comes out from the wall. On older ships they do stick out some. SOV they stuck out no more than 6 inches Id guess, so it does detract a little from how the cabin looks. Thats a 20 year old ship. On a newer ship like the conquest you probably wouldnt know there were there. I had to point it out to another lady who said she didnt have a upper in her cabin, I knew she did, and showed her.

Thanks, I just found in a search that on the Fantasy class, they come from the ceiling, so was happy to read that. I've only been in an ocean view so was getting worried that an inside combined with beds sticking out from the wall was going to get claustrophobic. Sounds like it will look like all the other inside or ocean view cabins except for the outline in the ceiling.

When you are looking online you will only see a very few available cabins- that doesnt mean there are no more. Changing the number of guest cruiseing will also show you more availabity.

From experience-- you want to avoid being in a cabin that has a cabin that sleeps 4 people oneither side of you.

This class ship allows rollaways so those cabins can sleep up to 5 people.

Archived