Carnival Photography weird questions...

EricaLovesCats

So I am extra excited for our 2nd cruise, because hubby has agreed to take a bunch of pictures with me this time (we didn't do any on our first cruise). ANYWAY, so I see lots of backgrounds/props in people's pictures...and I saw a few where they are poised next to a piano. Would a Carnival photographer let my husband sit at the piano and let me sit on the piano??? Has anyone done that? (and if so would ya post your picture!)

Also, I assume that on formal night there will be LONG lines for photographers. Do you just stand in line and wait your turn or do you make an appt and come back? I also thought it might be better to get all dressed up in the early afternoon and take pictures, so we wouldn't worry about lines and running out of time. Sure it'll be a pain to dress up, then dress down, then dress up again, but perhaps it would be worth it? Anyone do that?

Lastly, how long do photo sessions last? Till you say you are done, or till the photographer says you are done? Just wondering.

Thanks! :D

They only open a couple hours before each diner time. That would be great if they were open most of the day but they have their stations set up with a sign that tells what time they will be taking photos. Hope this helps! Not real sure about the sitting on piano thing my butt is a little to big for that....LOL.

All the picture taking Iv seen is props, not the real thing. I have never seen them take pictures like that. My answer would be that maybe you can get a passenger to help with that picture and let the professional photographers do the ones with the backgrounds.

My guess would be there would be liability issues so a paid photographer wouldnt allow you to sit on the piano and him take pictures in case something happened.

The lines seem to move pretty quickly. We wanted a specific backdrop for my Mother and the line was long but it went quickly. If you have first seating for dinner, you could always go afterward. As for your "session", the photographer usually poses you a couple of times and then you're off. We kept moving and did lots of pics with lots of different backgrounds so we could pick and choose. I'm sure you can make your own suggestions...yours sounds very Fabulous Baker Boys. :) Have a great time!

We always have late dinner and we get our pictures done right before dinner. We probably only had to stand in line about 15 minutes or less.

As for the piano....the only time I saw anyone getting their picture taken on the piano was a bride. The photographer had her lay across the piano.

On a few ships they'll have photos set up at a piano. I've seen pictures where the woman was allowed to sit on the piano. Usually one of you would be "playing" the piano as the other one leans against the piano.

They always seem to do the piano pictures on formal nights. This is my favorite background. I have bought one of myself alone, my daughter alone and one of my whole family with the piano with of course the red or pink rose on the keyboard. It is especially nice if you are wearing black or red. You may be able to sit on it but the fear of scratching the piano would be an issue.

Archived